Menu
Equilibrium23
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

High Latency Issues

Hi All,

Have been following this forum for a while as I have been experiencing extremely high and unstable latency for sometime now and was hoping someone with some more knowledge and experience on this could provide some guidance on what I can do to fix the issues.

This latency is affecting both myself and my brother who both game on desktop PCs and the high latency is making playing games like Warzone or even Rocket League impossible. The same goes for video calls as well.

Usually we have been using powerline adapters (recently bought some new TP link ones as well) to try and maintain a stable connection but no luck.

Currently I am running the Virgin Media Hub 3.0 in modem mode connected into a TP-LINK Archer C7 AC1750. Package is M350. Frankly we arent even getting that speed or anywhere near when standing right next to the router or over direct ethernet (not powerline).

Please see my BQM below:

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/7da9510bdca91a8db6a24da6889c732aa15dc75e-14-01-2021

Any advise on this would be extremely appreciated, whether its getting an engineer out or something I can do myself - I am all ears.

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: High Latency Issues

Unfortunately like many at the moment it looks like your being affected by congestion, need I say why.

Not much that can be advised to be honest apart from waiting for someone from the Virgin team to come across this post and look into it and give more information and forward the issue to the relevent teams.

Latency sensitive applications currently are a mess, the internet in general is just a big mess, not much more that can be said.

If I've helped let me know 🙂

10 year's managing 9 Virgin Media accounts, and things never got any better, closed last 4 accounts since January 2021 :L

I give 'my' experience to help where possible.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@Equilibrium23 wrote:

Hi All,

Have been following this forum for a while as I have been experiencing extremely high and unstable latency for sometime now and was hoping someone with some more knowledge and experience on this could provide some guidance on what I can do to fix the issues.

This latency is affecting both myself and my brother who both game on desktop PCs and the high latency is making playing games like Warzone or even Rocket League impossible. The same goes for video calls as well.

Usually we have been using powerline adapters (recently bought some new TP link ones as well) to try and maintain a stable connection but no luck.

Currently I am running the Virgin Media Hub 3.0 in modem mode connected into a TP-LINK Archer C7 AC1750. Package is M350. Frankly we arent even getting that speed or anywhere near when standing right next to the router or over direct ethernet (not powerline).

Please see my BQM below:

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/7da9510bdca91a8db6a24da6889c732aa15dc75e-14-01-2021

Any advise on this would be extremely appreciated, whether its getting an engineer out or something I can do myself - I am all ears.

Thanks in advance!

Oh look another utilization issue!

carl_pearce_0-1610653667200.png

0 Kudos
Equilibrium23
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

So plain and simple its just too many people using the same line and there is likely nothing that I can do myself about this?

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@Equilibrium23 wrote:

So plain and simple its just too many people using the same line and there is likely nothing that I can do myself about this?

Basically yes. Other than report it to VM there is nothing you can do.

There are 10's of threads that show the same issue.