cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help to reduce ping on a online race game

Duncanp64
Joining in

Hi

a racing game on line (game server in Poland I believe) at best gives me 60 plus ping but racing against some guys with 20 ping. Any tips regarding reducing mine. 
Done the usual things like reboot router. Turn iPad on off. Connect to 5g. Make sure other devices off 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Duncanp64, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear you're having an issue with your ping when playing a particular game. 

I've had a look at things this end and everything with the hub is looking good. All signal and power levels are within range and there is no fault in the area affecting you. 

From your post, it sounds as though the issue is just with this game so it sounds like it could be an issue with the game server itself. 

Are the issues presenting themselves on other devices or even on the device you're playing the racing game but when using for other reasons? 

Pop back and let us know. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Duncanp64, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear you're having an issue with your ping when playing a particular game. 

I've had a look at things this end and everything with the hub is looking good. All signal and power levels are within range and there is no fault in the area affecting you. 

From your post, it sounds as though the issue is just with this game so it sounds like it could be an issue with the game server itself. 

Are the issues presenting themselves on other devices or even on the device you're playing the racing game but when using for other reasons? 

Pop back and let us know. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

If you want the minimum possible ping times you will have to connect to the Hub by ethernet instead of WiFi.  You can get an ethernet adapter for the iPad.  There is nothing else you can do. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.