Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Help to check the broadband line

Hi.

I am experiencing severe lag on Warmode and I can not join left 4 Dead 2 official servers from lobby,

I tried customer servecis twice now, the first time i got now where fast  just got a the script read to me after I asked them to check the line for me, the second time i got transfered and cut off

Don't know why it is so hard to get any help, with your call centers.

Is there anyone on here who can run checks on my line as I have eliminated every piece of equipment and software at my end.

Regards

Neil

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Help to check the broadband line

The reason its hard to get help through the call centres is because first line response is from some third world hell hole chosen for the availability of cheap but poorly qualified staff, rather than with a view to providing customer service.  As VM already know this full well, and can themselves see and read the appalling customer feedback on sites like Trustpilot, they clearly don't care and we can be sure that this situation is not going to change any time soon.  We (other customers with time on our hands and a sense of charity) will try and help you), and if you're lucky the VM forums staff (who are UK based) will look in to see if they can assist.

As with many things, getting it fixed is easier if you have a fair idea of what's wrong, so if you can do the following we can possibly assist. You're not gaming over wifi are you?  That introduces a whole lot more variables and makes fault finding more difficult.  Assuming you're not (or have access to PC with a wired connection to the hub), then do the following:

1) Post the Upstream and Downstream tabs of you're hub's router status pages here, and somebody will take a look for obvious problems.

2) Run an Ookla speedtest with the default VM servers, is that showing what you expect?

3) Get over the thinkbroadband.com and create an account, and set up a Broadband Quality Monitor (BQM), but making sure the titles is not your IP address.  Let that run for a day or two and post a link to the snapshot chart here.

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@Andruser wrote:

The reason its hard to get help through the call centres is because first line response is from some third world hell hole chosen for the availability of cheap but poorly qualified staff, rather than with a view to providing customer service. 

I prefer the official line of "We have invested in providing UK centres of excellence, whilst our partner CSC's will pick up first line support"

See I just made that up. In my head. Which explains what VM's press release team do....Smiley Surprised

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I apologise for the late reply, the day after i posted the problems rectified themselves and I wanted to make sure the faults would not return.

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos