Menu
wotusaw
Superfast
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

HUB 4 fixed yet?

I require the help of a boffin.

HUB 4 drivers fixed yet?

Had an invite to get the HUB 4 but hesitated due to the huge apparent reported problems.

Obviously being a gamer I will go for the 1gb connect when it's available.

I require the help of a boffin.

0 Kudos
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: HUB 4 fixed yet?

There is nothing to fix. The Hub 4 firmware has recently been updated. And stop making duplicate posts. It is against the Forum rules but more than that it causes immense confusion. I removed one of them and I will remove anymore that I see.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

wotusaw
Superfast
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks.

The other post was made in error.

It has not so far been removed. An error perhaps?

Will check your kind answer elsewhere for more clarity.

Your answer although precise lacked the fine details I have come to expect from this forum.

0 Kudos
Andruser
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@wotusawObviously being a gamer I will go for the 1gbps connect when it's available.

Why is that obvious, and to whom?  Gaming rarely takes more than 2.5 Mbps down, maybe 3.5 for some games with immensely complex game engines, and you'd need about 5 Mbps upstream if you're a Twitch streamer.  The only thing gamers really need is reliable low latency, and as a rule Openreach connections are better than a DOCSIS cable connection on that measure.

Admittedly you'd be able to download new games faster, but if you value that more than low latency for playing, then maybe you DO need a boffin, rather than the advice of an old goat....

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

wotusaw
Superfast
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Good points. Have been considering going over to BT Openreach of late.

Virgin is hugely expensive now and what with maybe minus interest rates we all got to cut back on some luxuries.

Often play others who have Openreach so know thou speaketh the truth.

Wise you are, old goat not so much.

Thankyou for your help.

Andruser
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@wotusaw Wise you are, old goat not so much.

Now there's an expression you can read in different ways, luckily I'm comfortable with all possible interpretations.

0 Kudos
Sabtain7
Up to speed
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Modern gaming with the new generation consoles takes a lot more than around 4 MB as you are playing in 4K HDR and  variable FPS

If I Have Tried To Help You Hope It Helps:
I am fairly knowledgeable about technology in general and will try to help you to the best of my ability.

Sky World Customer (TV), Virgin Media Fibre Optic Gig1; Virgin Media Phone Package

Want To Contact Virgin Media's UK Call Centre?
Here's How:
STEP 1: Dial 150 (Virgin Landline) or 0345 454 1111 (Non Virgin Phone)
STEP 2: Option 1 for TV, Broadband or Home Phone

STEP 3: If The Number You Are Calling From Belongs To Your Virgin Media Account Select Option 1 If Not 2 (then enter the Virgin Media Home Number or press # then tap in Virgin Media Account Number
STEP 4: Select Option 4 - To Make Changes To Your Package Or Tell Us You Are Moving
STEP 5: Select Option 4 - If You Are Thinking Of Leaving Us
STEP 6: Select Option 2 - If You Are Thinking Of Leaving Us For Any Other Reason

UK Call Centre Times:
Mon - Fri 8am - 9pm
Sat - Sun - 9am - 6pm
0 Kudos
RedGooner
Super solver
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

My SH4 is running in Modem Mode, i have NO problems with it.

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 1Gbps VM service with SH4 in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-AC5300 router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk. If you are happy with my answers please press Kudo ?
0 Kudos