Menu
msrsimpkin
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Guild Wars 2 Disconnections.

I have been experiencing this issue for some time, but now it's reached breaking point.
I am being disconnected when finishing story missions or during cutscenes.  I have been told this is due to packet loss and even the smallest loss means the servers DC you.
I've searched the GW2 forums and done everything I possibly can from opening ports, disabling firewalls, repairing the installation, factory resetting the modem and much more.

I'm on a wired 200mb connection with a Hub 3.0 [VMDG505 / TG2492LG-VM]

I have been told a VPN fixed this, but I'm already paying over £40 for my internet and adding additional costs from third parties feels like something I shouldn't have to do.

Please can you advise?

Untitled.png

0 Kudos
markk01
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Guild Wars 2 Disconnections.

Hey there,

As a fellow GW2 player i feel your pain, this has been a problem for years now. 

Unfortunately a VPN is not a 100% guaranteed solution as i have seen the problem even when using a VPN. 

Personally i have switched to using my own router and having the VM hub switched to Modem mode. This appears to have worked for me, i am not sure the reason why, but one thing i have noticed is that you get a different IP when in modem mode, so it could be routing through a more stable part of the VM network or it could be that the VM hubs themselves are the problem. I have a hub 2ac, so its not just the hub 3.

I will watch this thread with interest as it would be nice to see someone get to the bottom of this issue.

0 Kudos
msrsimpkin
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Guild Wars 2 Disconnections.

I tried a VPN last night and it completely fixed the issue.

This is Virgin.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/89f82f5b08fc997bd81d4f0049b385799b2a8b2a-12-10-2020

This is the VPN 

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/917773cbd8f273ef77a679143faf0dd308d3059a-12-10-2020

Now the question is.. why am I paying £40 a month when the service I'm getting is so poor?.

0 Kudos