cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Glitchy gaming and constant buffer

Calkitch5
Joining in

Hi,

Over the past year with visits from VM engineers I have had constant issues with our WiFi, every time I game I get high ping spikes and the gaming is glitching beyond playable, the xbox is plugged into a WiFi booster but still have issues. Also every night my firestick buffers constantly and the TV downstairs situated next to the hub buffers constantly and loses picture. Every test ran says there are no problems within the area when clearly there is. I am bordering cancellation as I'm paying for a service that I'm not getting and to top it off when you call and on hold for an hour the people on the other end just want to pass you around to different departments.

Regards

Callum

3 REPLIES 3

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Post the power levels, Pre and PostRS errors and network log from the Hub. Also setup a BQM to monitor your circuit www.thinkbroadband.com/ping

Once done we can comment.   Thanks

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Not going to lie I have no idea how to do any of that you're asking for.

Regards

Callum

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Calkitch5,

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the Community.

I am very sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your broadband service, we would be happy to help.

I have gone ahead and ran a few checks from our side and can confirm there are currently no outages in your area and no errors showing for your service. With this being the case, we would ask that you provide the information requested by Adduxi. 

To do this, you can access your Hub settings via the instructions here

If you also google broadband quality monitor, there will be a few options available for you to choose from. 

Thank you 

Nat