Menu
Grzesieg
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Gig1 high latency spikes

Hi, since we have VM internet at home, there are spikes in latency at all times, link to the thinkbroadband monitor -

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/36f766b2b209a8a0ac96eb3856024f15c21ced0f-05-05-2021

When playing games especially competitive this is seen the most as it starts to lag very often for quite few seconds. Can someone have a look at this please.

0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Gig1 high latency spikes

Hi Grzesieg, 

Welcome to our community and thanks for posting. Sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with our internet services, we understand the frustration and disruption this can cause. 

As its been a short while since you last posted how have things been? Has anything improved since your last post? 

Kind regards Jodi. 

0 Kudos
Grzesieg
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi, the issue is still happening sadly.

Regards
0 Kudos
Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Grzesieg,

Thanks for getting back in touch and sorry to hear you're still having issues. I've ran some further tests from our end and can see that your downstream levels are way out of spec. 

This would require a tech visit to look into what's going on with the connection - to get this booked in I'll just send you a pm to confirm a couple of details.

Please look out for the purple envelope at the top of the page.

Many thanks,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Grzesieg,

Thanks for confirming your details with me via private message. I've booked the earliest slot that was available for you which you can view via your online My VM Account and can be changed if needed.

Please keep us posted on the visit!

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Should be possible to get some of those spikes down, but the overall profile of that BQM is a bit sinister. 

Would the forum staff like to 'fess up anything on behalf of the company?  The minor morning hump, and then an evening mountain that (some spiking aside) clears up at half past midnight...it's a bit of a giveaway.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Z92
Trouble shooter
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

It might not be like that now though as I see that's a fixed day and not a live graph...

0 Kudos
Grzesieg
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Engineer came and has changed some old connections and router got reset, however we didn't notice any change really, live graph: https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/a4f44bac3354644097abe2ae197035b5cd...

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Grzesieg

Thanks for coming back to us. 

I've rechecked this for you today and there is now an identified SNR (signal to noise ratio) issue in your area. The fault reference is F009027503 and the estimated fix date is the 25th May at 9am.

Please continue to monitor and let us know if no better after that time.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

0 Kudos