Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Getting DDOS'd constantly

Hello,

I'm playing a competitive game and i'm getting DDOS'd at least 5 times a day now.

Is there no protection where I can just turn off mass amounts of incoming traffic to my router?

I don't have Modem mode turned on as I need 2 ethernet connections and modem only supplies 1

*I know its a DDOS attack as I've played for at least 6-7 years and i've just got back into playing competetively again and I was getting DDOS'd years ago*

Regards,

SM

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Getting DDOS'd constantly

Are you sure it is not one of the Firewall settings in the HUB as it is getting a massive amount of pings during online gaming?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I've experienced lag with gaming, this is shutting my internet down until I hard reset, occassionally it's just someone stressing my IP until the connection in the game cuts out but my internet is still up, just is very slow until they target someone else.

I've tested it by playing the same person who I know is booting me and it's just keeps on happening.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Buy a cheap router (eg TP-Link Archer C50), put the hub in modem mode.  Use the ethernet ports on the C50.  Then consider WHY you're being DOS'd and HOW your attacker knew your IP.  If you can't keep your IP secret it will happen again, more so if you can't address the "why".

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Get a router with 1Gb ports.

---------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos