Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Gaming

Hi I am not very happy, I get over 800mb download speed etc which is great, but as soon as I go into a game on Xbox or pc theres constant lag, I’ve had my pc took back and looked at parts replaced I’ve also bought another pc from another provider and I get the same issue this is a major concern it just shows your service is not good enough too game on and there’s nothing yous can do to fix it considering I spent 2 days straight on the virgin gadget team controlling my pc and it did not help, will defiantly not be recommending your service to anyone if they consider using it for gaming as it not suitable for gaming. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: Gaming

@Tamaraleigh97 wrote:

Hi I am not very happy, I get over 800mb download speed etc which is great, but as soon as I go into a game on Xbox or pc theres constant lag, I’ve had my pc took back and looked at parts replaced I’ve also bought another pc from another provider and I get the same issue this is a major concern it just shows your service is not good enough too game on and there’s nothing yous can do to fix it considering I spent 2 days straight on the virgin gadget team controlling my pc and it did not help, will defiantly not be recommending your service to anyone if they consider using it for gaming as it not suitable for gaming. 

This is not Twitter or Facebook.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

And your point is? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

What @carl_pearce meant to say was "Fair enough, that looks like a statement of fact and opinion, and if you just want to blow off steam we're cool with that.  But equally we're willing to try and help you if you want.  Would you be willing to co-operate so that we can try and see what's causing the lag?  That'll mean us asking you to get data from your hub and post it here, and possibly getting you to use web services to check out your connection.  This may be unfamiliar, but nothing we might ask is difficult."

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

@Andruser wrote:

What @carl_pearce meant to say was "Fair enough, that looks like a statement of fact and opinion, and if you just want to blow off steam we're cool with that.  But equally we're willing to try and help you if you want.  Would you be willing to co-operate so that we can try and see what's causing the lag?  That'll mean us asking you to get data from your hub and post it here, and possibly getting you to use web services to check out your connection.  This may be unfamiliar, but nothing we might ask is difficult."

What I wanted to put was something along the lines of what's the point posting drivel on a community forum when the OP could have just asked for help...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Okay I appreciate that but he could of said something along those lines instead off being sarcastic he should of kept it to himself instead of posting on something I’ve posted, I’m a paying customer and entitled to my opinion about the service, but I would be willing to co-operate  because I do want to resolve the issue can you please talk me through the steps to post on here? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

You could have posted that instead of being sarcastic and commenting on something that does not affect you in any way

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

@Tamaraleigh97 wrote:

You could have posted that instead of being sarcastic and commenting on something that does not affect you in any way

Could you access your router using http://192.168.0.1/ or http://192.168.100.1 for modem mode . You shouldn't need log in, select the 'Check Router Status' option and paste your 'Downstream', 'Upstream', and 'Network Log' tabs? Please copy/paste this data as text, split between multiple posts (Sometimes you have to click 'Post' twice due to an error message):

If you've never logged in before you MAY need to login to show the above option.

Could you please create a BQM (Broadband Quality Monitor) here, and post the live link?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Capture.PNG

This is my graph from today? 

I can do what you had suggested also if that would help? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi when I click check router status it just sits on the same screen for like 5 minutes? Is this gathering info or has it frozen? 

I think this is my live link as requested https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/create/5ca9b88d65679143ec3de4b5c7f...

0 Kudos