Menu
-Aaron
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Gaming on WiFi

Dear all,

Recently in the past couple of weeks, I was experiencing regular disconnects during games however now in the past couple of days my latency/ping was reaching far past the 1000 mark and up to 3000 in some cases. I did a quick speed test to see and on ethernet I am seeming to get around 110 down and 6-8 up however on my computer that's on wifi it seems to be between 6-12 down and 2 up. This issue has been persistent and is making gaming impossible as I just get kicked out. There seem to be no service issues on behalf of Virgin media that is stated on their website. Please could someone help me out here as im not sure on what to do,

kind regards,

Aaron Rooker

0 Kudos
StormW4tch3r
Superfast
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Gaming on WiFi

Post downstream and upstream and logs from modem, also set up a ping graph at thinkbroadband, will show if there is a issue.

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Gaming on WiFi

The speeds you are getting with an ethernet connection suggest you are on the 100Mb/s service. If that is correct there is little wrong with the VM feed and it is purely a WiFi issue.

It looks like something has changed with the WiFi environment, either in your house or with a neighbour. Try following the WiFi help guides.

You will of course always get better games performance with a wired connection. 

0 Kudos