Not an answer but more of an observation on gaming. I had VM 100 and also a VDSL 80/20 line for gaming. This BT was used for 2 Xboxes and showed no problems when running both Xboxes concurrently. So, I can only assume the problem is not with the line speed of 100 from VM.
I would say the problem is more with the Router or your line quality, and also I would never game over wifi. 😉
If you post your power levels and network log we can comment. Also setup a BQM for monitoring www.thinkbroadband.com/ping
As for the wifi, split the SSID and you can manually select the Bands for each device. Also disable the Smart Optimisation of the wifi.
• Access your Hub by navigating to 192.168.0.1
• Login with the default login info (on base of Hub) unless you've already updated it.
• Go to Advanced Settings > Wireless > Security
• Under Wireless Frequency 2.4GHz change the Wifi Network Name (SSID), suggest append _2 to the end.
• Repeat for the Wireless Frequency 5GHz, suggest append _5 to the end and click on Apply changes
• Try to avoid spaces and periods in the SSID names as they can cause issues with certain devices.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks