Menu
Knight7
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Gaming lag/latency issues

Hello community

I'm experiencing lag while gaming with 2 ps4 consoles, within the same household, one of which is connected with a powerline adapter, specifically in the game "Call of Duty:Warzone" which shows in game ping of 40-60ms but spikes of 180ms+.

The powerline and other electronic devices are not obstructing the router. 

I have called tech support multiple times, who have checked the SH3 status and rebooted from their side but this has not resolved anything. I have reboot, reset (using the pinhole button), reconnected cables and devices. From virgins initial perspective there are no issues but they have referred it to a subsequent team to monitor the connection status, this concerns me as they emphasised they are looking for 3 consecutive days of low broadband speeds but my issue is latency/ping.  

I have included a snapshot of my BQM.

[url=https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/c60ff488bb77c2d13996761ad698fb73dfd9e293-10-02-2021]My Broadband Ping[/url]

Router: SuperHub3 Package: M200 

Please advise

0 Kudos
kidtak
Just joined
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Gaming lag/latency issues

same here, I have both business broadband with 350mbs and home broadband 100mbs in the same street, and I always experience lag/latency. I can play same games in my other flat which only has 25mbs BT and it has far better performance. I believe Virgin media cant handle all their customers, you usually see they prove fastest speed for less money. I live their customer service and other things but I feel very down on their performance. Im paying £75 for business and £25 for home (i live above my own business) and i find myself using hotspot majority of the time. 

0 Kudos
Z92
Super solver
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Gaming lag/latency issues

VM guarantee broadband speed, they do not guarantee latency/ping and in fact are typically worse than an OpenReach provider for ping/latency because of the technology in use. If your main purpose of broadband is gaming then you'll find the likes of BT/Sky/etc far better in performance terms. 

Your BQM also shows that you appear to be in an area which is over-utilised, so maybe your connection will become a little better after lock down. 

0 Kudos