Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Gaming and AnyDesk

Hi

I'm having 2 sets of problems although pretty sure they're linked in the network infrastructure.

1.  I'm working from home, at the moment, and use a piece of software called AnyDesk to connect to remote PCs to help staff, who are also working from home.  I can have terrible trouble making a connection to the remote AnyDesk machines.  It can take upto 5 minutesto connect to my own remote PC, first thing in the morning.  Occasionally the connection,, to my work PC, drops after I've connected in which case it can take several minutes, again, to reconnect.  So if I help out 10 people during the day then almost an hour of my time can be taken up with trying to connect to people.

2.  I play Guild Wars 2 and have found that, after some cutscenes, my game crashes out and I lose all the progress up to that point.  Sometimes it can take upto 5/6 attempts (and when the story instances can take upto 20 minutes.........Aaaargh!) which is a bit tedious.

I have limited access to a VPN connection (I share it so don't always have access) and have no problems at all.  AnyDesk connects immediately and games don;t drop their connections.

I've rebooted and reset my router so that's not the issue.  I'm connected via ethernet so WiFi isn;t an issue.

So, other than purchasing my own VPN, does anyone have a solution?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Gaming and AnyDesk

Thank you for the post Jaimz.

We don't have much experience with VPN's but we can go through some broadband checks to make sure if there's anything we can do to assist we'll do so.

Can we please confirm if you're running the devices this is happening on through a wired connection or WiFi?

If through wired, could you please post a wired speed test result for us?

What would also help us look into this is to know which Hub you have with us? (it may say this on the base of the Hub) 

Let us know, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I have a wired connection, to my PC.  Max connection speed to my PC is 100Mb.

9566379865[1].png

Unit is the 2ac model.

Thanks

J

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the information.

Can we also please confirm what speed package you're subscribed to?

This is the older model of Hub but should work, though if needed we can send a replacement for you. 

Thank you, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I'm on a 200Mb connection.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for confirming. 

So on that connection if the speed test is wired this would be below the guaranteed download speed so we'd look into replacing the Hub to see this improve.

I'll pop you over a private message now if you can please respond to this by going to the purple envelope in the top right of your screen. 

Thank you, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emily

My speed not being high is because of my internal wiring, at home. My pc is quite far away from the router. 

Streaming movies and other games are fine. 

J

0 Kudos