cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Packet loss

jonnyel
Tuning in

Packet loss gaming all the time is very annoying. changed my router incase it was the HUB 3.O still the same and no change.. 

had a BQM running for a few weeks hers the latest as ive just come off COD.
I'm always getting the high latency/paclket loss icons in game popping up?
Anyone have any ideas or what action i can take?

Details of HUB 3.0

jonnyel_0-1644270605978.png

jonnyel_1-1644270693436.png

jonnyel_2-1644270714551.pngjonnyel_3-1644270726267.png

BQM Link

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/9ecc2c78d72309fb88e846736ed90c61f7...

6 REPLIES 6

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

BQM looks fine, however you have PostRS errors and these are normally caused by noise on the circuit.  You will need a VM technician to fix this.

In the meantime, check all connections are finger tight from the Hub to outside. Wait here a day or two for a VM Mod to pick this up or phone it in.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for the info Adduxi, will wait for a VM Mod to help 🙂 if not heard anything soon will call it in. 

Manged to get an engineer booked in for the 21st Feb.. lets see what happens as they state if this is my hardware at fault then they will charge me £25!
I've checked all cables and all seem fine so it has to be noise on the line like you say. Not my fault here. 😞

Lets see.

Hi @jonnyel

Sorry to hear of these issues with your service. Glad to hear you have been able to book an appointment. 

If you can please get back to us following the appointment with an update, we will be more than happy to offer you further support if needed. 

Hope it goes well!

All the best. 

Molly

Hi Molly_T,

Ok so the technician turned up changed all my cables reset the router and left me his mobile number.. still no change in game latency. I'm to call him in the morning and he said he will arrange for the new HUB4.0 replacement.

I received my bill today and I have been charged a call our charge of £25 - Why? he did see issues on the line and so he changed the cables inside and outside of my house, then tested afterword's and also attached an Attenuator to help the line fault,  so why am I being charged? and yet the issue is still not resolved hence me calling him again tomorrow.
Can you please look into this? I should not be charged for faults with your equipment!

Regards,

John

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

HI jonnyel, 

I am sorry to hear you are still experiencing issues following the visit. 

I would need to check the account and also the latest bill but in order to do this I will just need to grab a few details via private message.

I will pop this over to you now and you should have access to the message via the purple envelope.

Speak soon,

Nat