cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming PC slow on WIFI at 25 mbps on 1.1 GB Fibre, Help !!

SanB12
Tuning in

Hi Friends,

I am on volt Gig 1 fibre BB. I am not able to play online games on my gaming PC as the wifi speed is dropping to 25-45 mbps. There is no way I can use ethernet from Virgin router to my PC. Any help or suggestions to increase wifi is welcomed, thanks. 

KRs

San

5 REPLIES 5

carl_pearce
Community elder

Which HUB?

What Wi-Fi adapter are you using?

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Game playing on WiFi is always a problem. It's not just the speed but the higher latency.

VM only promise 20Mbps on WiFi.  You will get better results by buying a good WiFi router or mesh. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Can you even use Powerline Adapters for ethernet?  As much as I hate them, sometimes they can be the only suitable solution.  Personally I would have a good think about getting a cabled connection to the Hub, even if you have to run a cable externally.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

RedGooner
Super solver

LOL at Gaming on Wifi.

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 1Gbps VM service with SH4 in Modem Mode, with a ASUS GT-AX6000 router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk. If you are happy with my answers please press Kudo ?

Sabrina_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @SanB12.

Apologies you are facing speed issues with your internet, as you say you cannot connect your PC to your Hub due to distance. As you are on the 1gb package you are able to qualify for WiFi Max. If you wish to look further into that and have assistance in diagnosing your equipment and such, please lookout for the envelope on the top right of your web browser, or if you are using a mobile device it will be located under your profile icon, a private message will be there from myself.

Sabrina