cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Lag and Dipping laptop Connection

Mannion13
Joining in

Similar to other messages in here, I have had the Volt upgrade TV and broadband package. I pay for 1gb internet and through a ps5 wired connection i will get about 800-900mb download speed but often only 8-12mb upload speed.

The lag on my gaming is really really bad.

I was previously on a 75mg internet package and myself and my son could be gaming in seperate rooms, whilst we also had various ipads/smart tvs connected over wifi and there was never an issue.

Currently its not only effecting gaming, me and my wife work from home 3 days per week and microsoft teams calls are regularly struggling or disconnectin altogether.  So speed says its auick but connection stability/ping just isnt good enough. ive seen numerous posts with similar issues

4 REPLIES 4

darmo
Up to speed

yep something definitely something going on with the VM network, i wish i got BT FTTP now instead!

I was with BT before mate only on 75mb an honestly there was not any issue, not once did it go down or get LAG.

Yeh thats fibre for you, hell even DSL is better than virgin DOCSIS cable for gaming and lag, wish i had known about this before, virgin is good speed but thats about it. The problems have been getting worse since they started rolling out DOCIS 3.1 not better. But they wont admit to it. 

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Usual request, post your power levels, pre and PostRS errors and network log.   Setup a BQM here www.thinkbroadband.com/ping 

Once done we can comment on the status of your circuit.

As stated xDSL latency is usually better for gaming than Docis.  It's just the way it is at the moment, until low latency Docis is rolled out.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks