Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Game Problems

This is only specific for Rust but whenever I play I get game stutters. It is true that it is a very pc demanding game, however I believe the problem is with the wifi. I am connected via ethernet cable and we have a Virgin media super hub 3 (I think). The game freezes for a second which can be really annoying and mess up a situation furthermore, the freezes keep happening one after the other and sometimes last different lengths of time. I told my friend about it and he has the same issue with his Rainbow Six Siege. He has the same hub as me aswell. The correlation between the two experiences is that it is only specific to one game we have and since they are different games it cannot be the games specifically. We also have computers that are capable of running these games as well as my pc can handle Rust at 60 fps most of the time dropping lower when more entities have to load in. He suggested that it could only be the wifi/hub as there is a problem with the chipset in it. However, I would like to get an opinion and maybe a solution if possible. Many thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Game Problems

Same thing, no matter which multiplayer game, the ping starts spiking every evening, i have just tried to switch over to my phone hotspot of EE provider, and all games worked flawless, as soon as swithed back over to virgin, theres no way you can game anything. So definitely its something to do with virgin provider!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Game Problems

Hi Walkz,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

Sorry to hear you've had some issues when gaming. 

I've run a health check and the hub stats are all within the specifications we'd expect, I can however see it's been over 30 days since the hub was rebooted. 

Can you please do this and let me know if there is any improvement.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos