Menu
B1ak3y
Tuning in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

GTA5 online

I have been having issues with connecting to GTA5 online over the past week with a number of messages telling me either the rockstar services are unavailable or gta is unable to download the required files

I have reported this to rockstar support who despite sending me on a number of wild goose changes are suggesting I make contact with yourself in ensuring specific ports required for gta online are not block (I do not believe they are but will post anyway)

GTA Online requires the following ports to be open:

• Port 6672 (UDP)
  • Port 61455 (UDP)
  • Port 61457 (UDP)
  • Port 61456 (UDP)
  • Port 61458 (UDP)

these are confirmed as not being blocked locally.

can you please advise how I can change my dynamic IP address as i believe this is what the issue is.  I have read in other forums that ppl have been able to get around this by turning there virgin media hub into modem mode and using a separate router however I am reluctant to do so.

I have noticed a few ppl have reported the same issue so suspect this is more wide spread.  I can confirm for me only rockstar gaming services remain blocked and no other online game or Xbox service is affected.

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Superstar
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: GTA5 online

How have you confirmed the ports are all opened?

Although your IP address is in theory dynamic, in practice it can remain unchanged for months. You can only change it by switching to modem mode.

They may have blocked your IP address because they don't like it for some reason.

If your game device is connected by ethernet, you can temporarily switch the Hub to modem mode just to test whether they have blocked your address. If that is case you could ask them to unblock it.

0 Kudos
B1ak3y
Tuning in
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I have confirmed they are open because there is nothing in place my end to state that they should be blocked and this has been working fine using the super hub 4 since I got it in Sept/Oct 2020 until a few weeks back.

I suspect the ip was blocked due to the quick resume feature offered by Xbox series x/s which although is nice does nothing but cause issues for me with online gaming, I didn’t close GTA5 when I powered down the box and rather than boot me out due to inactivity when I game back on a few days later I was still in the session just in a frozen state.

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Superstar
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Then you have every reason to ask them to remove the block on your IP address.  They have no reason to refuse. 

0 Kudos
B1ak3y
Tuning in
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I only wish it was that simple, they keep providing me the same links without actually providing support.  I do suspect that a large number of virgin media addresses have been blocked so really they need to have the conversation.

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Superstar
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I doubt very much that Virgin will speak to GTA.  If GTA are the only company with this problem, they will have to sort it.

If they don't then changing your own IP will only be a temporary fix because it will happen again with your new address. 

0 Kudos
B1ak3y
Tuning in
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Are there any MODS who I can speak to regarding this issue please?

Rockstar don’t appear interested.

0 Kudos
Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi @B1ak3y,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am very sorry to hear that you're having some problems playing certain video games. Have you performed a factory reset of the router yet to see if that helps at all? Can you also confirm what other diagnostics and troubleshooting you've performed thus far?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
B1ak3y
Tuning in
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Zach,

Thanks for coming back to me.

I have not performed a reset on the router as the only game I am having issues with is GTA5 online, all other online gaming remain unaffected.

From a local perspective I have added the Xbox into the DMZ via the router and following recommendation of Rockstar (Game provider) of changing the DNS to point to google and cleared the alternative MAC address on the Xbox.

I have paired the Xbox to my mobile phone and this fixes the issue ruling in the issue being between virgin media broadband connection and rockstar services.

I have found that I cannot also access the following URL (https://support.rockstargames.com/auth/scauth-login) which is the support portal while connected via the virgin hub if that helps any of your own diagnostics.

I have a second Xbox which also doesn’t connect to GTA online services despite working previously but connected to other online gaming.

0 Kudos
Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi @B1ak3y,

Thank you for getting back to us and expanding on the situation a little further.

Have you been able to test if the issue remains whilst in Modem Mode as I can see a member of the community suggested earlier in this thread?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos