cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GTA/Rockstargames Connection issues

Mishmosh1
On our wavelength

I’ve been having trouble both connecting to Grand Theft Auto Online lobbies as well as their servers. I did a ping test using command prompt, where 4 packets were sent but 0 were received and were at 100 percent loss. 

I’ve tried resetting my router and even unplugging it but have had no luck. This occurs on both my PS5 & Xbox Series X. Their website also just doesn’t want to load for me either. 

I’ve tested whether it was my accounts but It works fine when I use my phones data for a hotspot. 

15 REPLIES 15

Mishmosh1
On our wavelength

Is it possible to have my IP address changed for the super hub 3? 

Hi @Mishmosh1 

So we can investigate this to see if it’s something on our end, we’ll need a bit more information.

• Are you able to provide ping tests to the GTA online server (if the issues occur at similar times, preferably test around those times)
  • Also a ping test to a non GTA server
  • Any other information that may help such as date’s times the issue started

Please redact your own IP address on the ping tests

Thanks,

Lisa

Mishmosh1
On our wavelength

This is from the ping test. it seems to occur only with my wifi. Other websites load fine, it’s just this server. 

PING Socialclub.rockstargames.com (IP Address Removed): 64 data bytes
Socialclub.rockstargames.com ping statistics
3 packets transmitted, O packets received, 100% packet loss

Thanks for providing the details via Private Message @Mishmosh1 and I've passed the details onto our Support Team so they can investigate. We'll post back with an update or if we need anymore information.

Cheers,

Lisa

Mishmosh1
On our wavelength

Thank you🙏 

To me it seems like they’ve blocked/blacklisted my IP for some reason. 

Hi @Mishmosh1 

I've had a chat with a member of our Support Team after passing the details over and they're asking for a bit more information :

- apart from Socialclub.rockstargames.com 104.255.105.71, do you have any other servers so we can try and test them?

- Have you tried port forwarding and if so, are you able to gain access?

- do you know whether other players are having the same problem in the UK? GTA was recently launched on the PS5, we're not sure if there are any links between the launch and on the Virgin Media side in the background but would like to investigate e.g. IP blocks / changes.

Thanks,

Lisa

Mishmosh1
On our wavelength

At the launch of the game I was fully capable of playing the game with no server interferences. These problems only started 3 days ago. 

I seem to be the only one that has experience this, I’ve asked my friend who is also with virginmedia and he has no problems connecting to the servers on the same console platform. 

I believe that I did add ports for the following platforms: Rockstar Games, Xbox & PlayStation

After doing some research online, the issues I’m having seem to be a result of my IP being blocked directly. 

Mishmosh1
On our wavelength

It definitely seems like my IP was blacklisted/blocked. 

The only solution that worked was me having a completely new IP address. I purchased a new router and set the old *virginmedia hub3* as a modem. 

I’m currently trying to figure out how I can access the new router control panel to check my forwarded ports. 

The router is a NightHawk AX2400 (Model: RAX30). Any ideas?

it should be 192.168.1.1 or http://www.routerlogin.net to access the routers webpage