Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Frequent disconnects whilst gaming

Hi,

I am having frequent random disconnects whilst playing Eve online and World of Warcraft, I have spoken to tech support with eve who confirmed that it is a latency spike causing the issue.

I have tried a VPN which resolved the issue however I don’t want to be paying for an additional service just to be able to play an online game.

Any support would be appreciated!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Frequent disconnects whilst gaming

Should also have added that I am playing using a wired connection straight from my hub and that the connection never completely drops, I can be playing on 2 clients and only 1 will disconnect, the other will still work fine.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Broon92,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community.

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're having while gaming.

There a few thing I would need to confirm. Which hub are you using? Is this affecting only those 2 games? Are the issues with the games happening at all times of the day when you're playing? 

^Martin

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply,

so far i have only noticed it effect those 2 games, however they are the only 2 games that i play online for any decent amount of time.

I have a superhub 2ac

and yes it happens at random times, sometimes I can have a session where my clients do not DC at all, other times I can DC every half an hour or so

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Broon92,

Thank you for coming back to us with an update, I am sorry to hear you are having issues when playing your online games.

I have had a look our end and I cannot see any issues all levels look as they should, I have notice that all device showing our end are WiFi, I would suggest trying to connect via a wired connection if possible.

Regards

Paul.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi as I stated above I am using a wired connection to my pc

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @Broon92,

Sorry for the confusion there - we can indeed see that you so have a wired connections along with WiFi connections. 

Your hub is one of our older ones available so what we'll do is arrange for a new Hub3 to be sent out to see if that helps you out 🙂 

I'll pop you a Private Message so we can go through security - just look out for the purple envelope and pop us a reply when you can. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos