Menu
clifton2
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Frame drops when streaming to twitch

For the last week and a bit we are continuously dropping frames when streaming to Twitch. Nothing changed in our setup but which worked flawlessly for over a year but suddenly the service is unusable.

Virgin Hub in modem mode, ASUS AC3200 with QOS set for streaming and gaming priority.

I know its Virgins issue because I ripped my whole network to pieces then put the hub back in hub mode and with nothing but one PC streaming directly through it it dropped thousands of frames within an hour.

My son is one of the top UK halo streamers and is losing viewers over this, it doesn't look professional when his stream starts cutting out 2 hours into a stream and won't stay stable enough for the viewers.

Need to fix this please...................

0 Kudos
clifton2
Tuning in
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Frame drops when streaming to twitch

And before you ask me to check my settings or reboot my modem:

I have spent all day checking settings trying to find a way to make it work.

Rebooted the modem, my router, the PCs and nothing fixes it.I have changed network cables, tried another PC with the same configuration, While I have been typing this another 3012 frames have been dropped.

0 Kudos
Xyraine
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I also have this issue and will be keen to find a resolution 

0 Kudos
clifton2
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

We are in the South East UK, where are you seeing the issue?

0 Kudos
Xyraine
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Midlands, Nottinghamshire. Neen hacing this issue for around 4 months now.

0 Kudos
DazRave
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Interested in this topic as i've seen similar problems in the past but, how do you know the frame drops are VM related? I know you've said your setup hasn't changed in over a year but frame drops can likely be software related too. Updates, patches etc could all cause a drop I'd have thought.

0 Kudos
clifton2
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

ok so tried two different pcs using two different software packages directly through the Superhub 3 with no other devices connected and had the same issues.

One PC I9 9900K with GEforce GTX 1080 latest drivers

Other PC Ryzen one level below threadripper with GTX2080 drivers from two months ago.

Also tried streaming at super low rates to twitch that even a sinclair spectrum could do and it made no difference.

So I Monitored the VM broadband quality traffic using ThinkBroadbands monitor and you can see that at the times frames are dropped it coincides with dropped packets on the VM network.

Pretty conclusive really

0 Kudos
clifton2
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

incidentally we still havent changed anything and its been working perfectly for two days now, 7 hour stream not a single frame has been dropped.

Clearly there was an issue that has now been remedied.

0 Kudos
DazRave
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Makes sense, if you have the BQM charts though and they do look bad it's always good to get them posted on here as clear cut evidence.

0 Kudos