Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Fix date NN5

Any more news when the latency problems will be resolved in the NN5 area (area ref 31), its been weeks since the initial fix date.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Fix date NN5

Latest I got from NN5 Area is 6th of May.  Still waiting to hear they pushed this back again.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I'm in the NN5 area and they have told me the 28th May so I've just cancelled free of penalties and going elsewhere. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Are you able to get a new provider working straight away ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Mine has taken just under two weeks with BT but I know open reach have engineers working. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

You say you cancelled free of penalties, as in you was still under a contract? If so how did you go about doing that? I'm stuck with this awful service till 2021 and would probably be looking to do the same.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Does that include having the line installed ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Luckily, the line had already been installed but still think its about a two week wait.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I was speaking to the local area manager who said I could do it so I just spoke to someone on the phone and explained.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I have a new line being installed on thursday and no install costs I will be paying £19 a month less than virgin removing only basic TV which is an unused hang on from children at home I am happy with freeview not to watch without any extras to turn off, I have gone with same provider as neighbour so expect a similar performance same company & exchange.

I have happily paid my neighbours bill for this month and run a Cat 6 cable for my work PC everything else left  on VM, my loss of earning far higher than any cost incurred

Sharing neighbours connection my speed down by 30% but quality up by 30-40% no dropped packets no problems maintaining 1mb/1mb solid connection where a 128kbs has not been possible for last 4 weeks on VM....

0 Kudos