Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Final Fantasy XIV 90002 Error (Disconnect from Server)

Hi guys,

I wrote here before earlier in the year, and whilst I don't want to just link two forum posts and say 'Read this', I will link both my forum post and also a newer post from ZainahP, who managed to get their issue solved. 

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Gaming-Support/Final-Fantasy-XIV-90002-several-disconnects-a-ni... - My forum post, 2019

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Gaming-Support/Final-Fantasy-XIV-Random-90002-Error-Disconnect-... - ZainahP's forum post which led to the issues being resolved.

Reading through ZainahP's post felt like looking in the mirror as I had experienced everything that they had went through. I recently resubbed to Final Fantasy XIV and I still experience the same unfortunate errors today. I understand that I am likely going to have to jump through hoops again before I can hopefully get some resolve, but I hope you will understand that this is still a big issue for people who are with Virgin Media and wish to play the game without interruptions and as smoothly as possible. I implore you to read both forum posts if you can, and hopefully you can help me finally fix this issue, as it's so stressful to deal with. I think what makes it more stressful is the fact that we are paying a subscription (as well as paying for your services) and it's just not fun and tiresome.

I have played many online games and have never had any issues regarding virgin media with any game, besides this. Having spoken to Square Enix in length several times, talking to various friends who share the same issues from also being with Virgin Media, and then reflecting and identifying with the posts on the forum; the signs are there and it's an issue that definitely needs to be addressed. 

I appreciate you reading this and I hope you can supply a fix, not just for me but for everybody who struggles with the constant disconnects throughout their playtime. Thanks again.

Edd

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Final Fantasy XIV 90002 Error (Disconnect from Server)

Thank you for your post Edd31.

Could we please confirm how DavidJWalkers suggestions went for you?

If the issues are are still occurring could you please post the relevant Hub tests which are shown on the post in which the issue was resolved, it looks like this was in regards to power levels but we would need to see this on your side to be able to diagnose that this is the issue you're experiencing as well.

Thank you, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi, thanks for getting back to me. 

The suggestions didn't solve the problem sadly, it's still occurring. I have looked into the superhub at the upstream and downstream, similar to the post where they managed to get a fix. 

superhub.png

This is the trace route to the server that I play on. 

odin server ip.png

Speedtest 
speedtest.png

Edd

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Good Morning edd31,

Thanks for coming back to us and I'm sorry to see the connection to your services has been causing this issue.

Can you tell me if there's been any improvement on this since your post on Friday?

I know you stated that you don't have any other issues with other games, is this still the case and have you experienced any issues with other devices, performing other functions at all? 

Kindest regards,

David_Bn 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi, thanks for getting back to me.

I played for a short while yesterday and wasn't disconnected, but I wasn't really playing long enough for it to happen. I'll usually get about 2 or 3 disconnects during a session.. I only hopped on for an hour yesterday after work. Everything else has been working fine to my knowledge. I'm able to stream and buffer, other video games run great and I don't suffer any disconnects. I've played a lot of World of Warcraft throughout the years and never had any issues. It's just FFXIV; I started playing in 2016 and It's always been like it.

Edd

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

So FFXIV is the only game that is affect by this?

^Martin

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Yes.

Edd

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Right I see. What I will need to do is take a closer look into your account so I will private message you to get some details. 

^Martin

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Did you ever get this fixed? I often have disconnects when entering instances in ffxiv and just had one 15 minutes in so and was inspired to finally hunt for a solution. Looks like there's a lot of people struggling with SuperHubs and FFXIV!

I'm on a SuperHub 3, have been playing FFXIV for a few weeks and don't have problems in any other game.

If there's anything you'd like me to supply please let me know, I'd rather not make yet another one of these threads. Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I didn't get it fixed, no. They determined that the issue wasn't on their end and couldn't do anything more to help me. I've read a lot of things about superhub's being the problem but I think a lot of people have been complaining about superhub2, not 3. I couldn't really tell you to be honest. Everybody who does suffer with these regularly disconnects are all on Virgin Media and it's a subject that dates back for years; whether you look on here, or reddit, or wherever. I don't think it's something that can be resolved unless you're incredibly lucky or take it into your own hands and either change ISP or buy a new router and see if that fixes anything. 

Best of luck with it though. I hope they will fix it for you.

0 Kudos