Menu
daveesmiffy
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Fifa 21 Lag when not in modem mode

Hi there, 

I am playing Fifa 21 on the M100 broadband package. I am getting lag in my gameplay (ie players not shooting then are supposed to, button delay, feels like they are running through mud). 

I feel I have tried EVERYTHING, I always play with an ethernet cable and have done all the router setting changes (toggle on/off Upnp, static IP address, portforward, DMZing, router reset, QoS,etc). I have discovered that playing the game in modem only mode seems to work. I therefore purchased an Asus router and used that with modem mode with my Xbox plugged into that. It worked for a day and now I have gone back to lagging. Literally every game is laggy. 

It seems that my issue isn't the internet connection so to speak as it works in modem mode? But I don't understand why it won't work any other way, with the new router plugged in or just in the superhub router settings. What can I do? It seems like leaving virgin media is the only thing I haven't tried but the game works in modem mode? 

0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Fifa 21 Lag when not in modem mode

Your Asus router with the hub modem mode should work.

What model is your Asus router?

Can you enable QoS with 90Mb download and 9Mb upload and see if that helps.

In modem mode without your router works fine you could use the MAC on your Asus router by the clone option.

---------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
daveesmiffy
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Fifa 21 Lag when not in modem mode

I have an ASUS 86u. 

It now wont work even in modem mode? Lag even in the 'offline' versions of the online version. Do I need to leave virgin!?

0 Kudos