Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

FIFA 21 Speed up LAG

Hi, I am experiencing speed up lag in FUT Champions on FIFA 21. I didn't experience any in FIFA 20 and none in 21 up till the last 2 days. Where I have had it multiple times a game and causing me to lose 4 games. This is very frustrating and I don't understand why it's suddenly happening now. Can anyone help me? I should note, I use a wired connection VIA TP-Link's powerline adapter and my speeds are from between 55 Mbps & 65 Mbps download and 8-10 Mbps Upload. Thanks 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: FIFA 21 Speed up LAG

I am having the same problem 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

What's speed up lag?

Are things suddenly slowing then going fast?

It could be delayed packets. I don't know how fifa works but, it could be dropped packets with a response delay scared the server or code wants another packet but it either doesn't come out it's not completed. If that happens things will sightly speed up when it does receive it's requested packet or it maybe taking a best guess through an algorithm based on what the packets should be based on the most likely outcome compared to what's been happening. Same kind of thing that happens when you die behind cover in an fps game such as battlefield.

I'd give it another few days to rule out EAs notoriously bad back end servers and if it continues cone back with a bqm graph from think broadband.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/faq/broadband-quality-monitor

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hello,

Yes it is as you described and when I try to do the bqm graph it says invalid postcode

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I can set a monitor up for you but, you would have to PM me your IP address and I'm not sure how ethical that is or if it's against forum rules. 

I am after all a stranger on the internet. 

Have you tried posting on the TBB forums for help regarding the post code error?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hello @keasy 

Please do not setup a BQM for the customer, you shouldn't even be asking for their IP address due to potential hacking, I am not saying you could do this but better be safe than sorry.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Yup, that's why I mentioned the ethics regarding it. Please also note I did not ask for their IP I said they would have to supply and then suggested they ask on the TBB forums.

You've got the wrong end of the stick, my friend 😉

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@keasy wrote:

Yup, that's why I mentioned the ethics regarding it. Please also note I did not ask for their IP I said they would have to supply and then suggested they ask on the TBB forums.

You've got the wrong end of the stick, my friend 😉

“I can set a monitor up for you but, you would have to PM me your IP address...”

That’s basically asking for it...

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

No, it isn't.

The operative is "would", as in "would have to" not 'do so'. 

Don't judge me by your own standards.

You're obviously trying to inflame this with your unhelpful troll post. I've already notified the staff. Regardless of how my comments are perceived, the objective fact remains i didn't directly ask for the user's IP.

So back off buster.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @JamesWilson 

Thanks for your post. Sorry for the delay in response and to hear that you've been having these issues when playing Fifa. 

Is this issue still ongoing? Are you having any issues with any other devices?

Thanks, 

Hollie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos