Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

FIFA 20 lagging

Having constant problems playing FIFA 20 on xbox1.  For days now, keeps lagging.  Several times reset the Hub 3 router, but the problem keeps coming back.

What can be done?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: FIFA 20 lagging

Good morning have you done a speed test using speedtest by ookla

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yes, I did. And do quite regularly.

The speeds were in-line with my package and, most often, more than.

I tend to download a lot of large files, and have never noticed corruption in downloads. So I'm not really seeing why there is an error with Xbox downloads being slow, around 40mbps to 100mbps. or when testing multiplayer options in xbox settings it says there is an issue.

One thing I have noticed is WiFi calling on my mobile (Vodafone, it's enabled, and a new number and sim) has never worked, and a call to Virginmedia suggested no failure, or faults.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

sorry an extra problem added. But may shed some light on a routing issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: multiplayer connection issues on xbox one s and WiFi calling

just noticed the subject relating to FIFA 20 lag.... you may of got me confused with someone eles ticket....

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: multiplayer connection issues on xbox one s and WiFi calling

now I'm confused. I thought this was a message to me. Sorry guys😊😊😊

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yes, we have said  it says it 30ms but I checked the latency in game and it keeps fluctuating between 400ms. I cannot play a game like this

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yes have done this, any other suggestions?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Run a speed test off your console to see what kind of speeds you are getting.  Keep in mind that EA servers are absolutely horrendous so there’s not really much you can do about it. If you’re getting your full speed from virgin media , then it’s a matter of getting that speed to your console so maybe through an Ethernet. I even used to lag on Fifa when I was getting 220 mbps , every other game was okay. Especially right now with this current situation, a lot of people are sitting at home playing their consoles and there’s only so much the servers can take.

If I've helped in any way, please give me Kudos and mark my response as a helpful answer!

Fancy £50 off your bill? Ask me how and you might just get it!

I am a Service Field Technician at Virgin. However, all responses on here are based on my experiences in the field alone and my own equipment at home and should be taken as such.

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos