Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

FIFA 20 PS4 HIGH LATENCY AND PING

Hi,

For the last two weeks I have been experiencing very poor latency and ping times with Fifa 20, pretty much any time of day. My speed tests are absolutely fine but my ping tests with easo.ea.com are 100ms or more. The game is unplayable online.

Is there something wrong on the side of the ISP, this is what I am led to believe having been on EA forums.

Please can anyone help?

Many thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: FIFA 20 PS4 HIGH LATENCY AND PING

Pings under 150 are not a problem & 300 can be more than adequate your problem is lost packets no matter how quick or slow you get the packets from Ea if they are corrupted or your reply packet does not get back that is a problem, the upload on the VM system is whats failing from skype to amazon portal and granny talking to the kids.

Few are at work even less are at schools & colleges so everyone is connecting or working online VM instead of seeking more resources as other ISP's are just moving the problem around from area to area when one can no longer be fobbed off they are given resources from another area the upload is all of our problems in a nutshell less than 10% of the download resources and thats no where near enough when so many are stuck at home.

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: FIFA 20 PS4 HIGH LATENCY AND PING

Thanks! So I called Virgin to explain the issue. They informed me there wa a major issue with broadband in my area being worked on and that if not resolved by Friday I should call back. Since Wednesday it has been business as usual and my pings/latency issues have gone.
0 Kudos