cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FFXIV Disconnects

Jimtime
Tuning in

I’ve seen multiple threads on the subject but haven’t been able to find a solution so far. Like other users, I experience 90002 error disconnects multiple times a day, and have done since using VM. This has been around 2 years now (leaving it late to hunt for a solution I know) and all I’ve ever seen or heard when I explain my issue is “yeah it’s a well known VM issue with the game”.

I’m playing on PS4 using a wired connection with a 2ac Superhub. I average around 40-50 download and 4-5 upload (according to PS4 speed test). I have no issues with any other games or services, and even when I experience the disconnects on FFXIV my overall connection is fine, for example a voice party that I’m in at the time of disconnect won’t lag or disconnect. It is purely an issue that I seem to experience with FFXIV alone, and have only experienced it since switching to VM.

Sadly I’m doing all of this via mobile since I don’t have access to a PC, so I won’t be able to provide any stats or info about my connection (unless someone can advise how to do this on mobile). I’ve tried all the port forwarding suggestions and it seems to have had little to no effect. Just wondering if there was a known solution if any. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Jimtime,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for posting. 

I am sorry to hear you are having issues with this one particular game. 

Have you contacted the game developers to see if they know of any issues? 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

hortonj88
Fibre optic

https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/418071

I'm a fellow FFXIV player but I'm not with Virgin Media and haven't experienced any 90002 disconnections.

Chances are it's port forwarding related like that link suggests.

Try forwarding the ports in your router / allowing them through any firewalls you have.

Left Virgin Media in 2020 after being fobbed off one too many times about over utilisation.

Now: BT FTTP 900/110 connected an ASUS RT-AC86U router.

https://www.speedtest.net/result/12098955842.png

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Jimtime just a quick follow up from my colleague's advice.

Have you viewed the link provided or followed the advice offered by hortonj88?  Also is the is only aspect of online gaming you're having issues with?

Regards

Lee_R

Jimtime
Tuning in

Just thought I’d drop this here for anyone who happens to come across this page looking for answers to this all too common issue. Struggled with this issue for far too long but I now seem to have resolved it. Found an old thread on a different site that claimed the issue was specific to the hub 2/2ac. Upgraded to the 3 and haven’t had any 90002 disconnects since. Really irritating that it took so long for me to find such a simple solution, but I guess that’s on me? Anyway, if you’re having the same issue and you haven’t upgraded to the 3 yet, you can do it for free and it seems to have resolved the issue for me. Just a shame I’m not in a position where I have any control over my ISP or I’d have jumped ship long ago! Hope this helps! 

Apologies for any issues Jimtime

I am glad you've managed to get this sorted

Best

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill