Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Extremely high latency , packet loss at all times

CA2B3150-D9D1-43DC-93CB-69FB966FFEB0.jpeg

My latency is frequently above 1000ms and makes gaming impossible . Despite have 500mb download speed . This is a Saturday not even a week day , where apparently more people are using the network. It’s a total shambles . My service is always down or at a reduced speed and nothing ever gets done plus having to deal with non stop latency issues. 

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: Extremely high latency , packet loss at all times

I have same issue.

Gaming online is very hard last days.

This weekend is even worse.

Its like 2-5 minutes and disconnecting due to packet loss.

How to deal with it? Contact to support? Its any chance they can fix it? Should I buy Internet Bundle from my mobile provider and use phone as Internet source before they fix it?

I cant wait any longer. Its too annoying. Thats not what I expected. One or two days issues are fine. Sometimes happens, but every day its too much for me.

What if games streaming is my money source? How Internet Providers can help me?

I noticed that plenty users have similar issues. Me, in Scotland and my friend in England have same problem. Both using Virgin Media.

That is simple test:

Please help us.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Still waiting for answer. Its not good today.

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I'm still waiting for an answer on my thread started two weeks ago. 

My first two weeks on virgin are going well. 

I expected as much, but cannot use an open reach line here so i'm really stuffed. Will just have to sell my house? 

Same issue as yours, there's a thread on here by a guy called alteranancient i think who has documented this for several months

I recommend you have a read of that thread to understand the real issues behind it. 

My advice is leave if you can! 

Edit: https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Gaming-Support/Ping-packet-loss-and-Latency-all-over-the-place-...

This one

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I’m desperate to leave . My service has been a total joke from day one. For 6 months my speed was below 5mb despite supposedly having 500mb, I was blamed for not reporting a fault despite there being no way of being able to contact Virgin. They offered £30 compensation and said I had to pay to leave them .

In relation to the lag, I always assumed it was an issue with my PlayStation servers / activision. I use an Ethernet , changed my dns servers added port forwarding.

I have now resorted to using my phone to tether my connection that’s the only way I can play. 

I have been running continuous latency tests for the last week . The only time my internet is near useable is between 1 am and 6am . 

Iam also a commodity trader and need high speed internet for a lot of the trading systems I use , again this cannot be done from home with confidence , so I’m having to travel to the office in a lockdown ! 

Virgin you are a total shambles , I live in central london and your service is nothing short of a disgrace . 

I now have another ISP installing a second service and will be taking legal action against Virgin. 

Trouble shooter
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

@kieranarstall wrote:

https://www.classactionlawyers.com/puma6

the SH3 uses this

That's not a problem now after virus firmware updates over the years. The problem gamers have on VM are usually down to local utilisation, mixed with Virgin Media's poor routing to servers outside the UK. 

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Ok.

How we (gamers) can deal with it? Getting disconnected for few seconds its very bad.

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I’m suffering the same issues. Maiming with call of duty warzone. Latency drops frequently and ruins my whole gaming experience.

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Im going to call virgin media support tomorrow. Im desperately curious what they are going to say.

0 Kudos