Menu
Cbond1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ethernet disconnects same time every evening

Hoping there is a quick fix to this but cant find anyone that is having the same problem. I play games on PC via ethernet cable and the connection will be fine all day and evening and at 10pm on the dot every night my computer loses access to the internet and will not reconnect. Even after restarting the pc and router there is still no way to connect via ethernet until the following day. other devices connected do not experience any problems whether they are connected by ethernet or wifi, just my pc, at the same time, every. single. day.

0 Kudos
jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ethernet disconnects same time every evening

It sounds like someone has used the virgin media connect app to pause your device at 10pm every night 

Cbond1
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi, thanks for your reply. I have checked the app and no devices have been paused. Would someone have to physically press the button at 10pm every night as that is not the case

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Let's ask the question differently: Are you the account holder?  

If you're not then I think @jb66 and I agree that a 10:00pm on the dot disconnection sounds like somebody has set up some form of parental controls.  That needn't be on the Connect app, or the Hub it can be done very effectively through Microsoft account settings, Microsoft parental controls, through any competent web protection software, or controls on any intermediate mesh/router/access point that might be in use.    

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Cbond1
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for trying to help. I’ve checked the parental settings on the app and they’re off. There would be no need for there to be any controls as the time of night doesn’t affect anyone. I’ve built the pc myself but that’s about as far as my computer knowledge goes. I’ve checked all settings I possibly could and there’s nothing that’s obvious as to why it does this

0 Kudos
Ryan_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Cbond1, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums. 

As @jb66 and @Andrew-G have touched on here, it most certainly sounds like a restriction has been put into place for that time. Also on what Andruser has asked, are you the account holder - as if you're not only the account holder can set the restrictions leading to the reason why you would be unable to see it. 

Does your computer have a wireless function which you could try to see if the same happens? 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGoodFolk
0 Kudos