Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Elder Scrolls Online - Superhub 2.0 causes disconnection

Hello

I've been struggling with random disconnects while playing Elder Scrolls Online.
This seems to happen after playing for about 30-40 minutes and the game randomly becomes unresponsive (all I can do is move my character, but nothing else) and eventually kicks me to the login screen a few seconds later.

After extensive research, contacting Elder Scrolls Online support and reading these forums, I finally arrived at a potential cause for the problem - the Superhub router.
See this post: https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Gaming-Support/Constant-disconnections-Elder-Scrolls-Online-PC/...

With this in mind, I have 3 options:
- There's a solution that allows me to keep my Superhub and fixed the problem (just need someone to tell me what it is).
- Virgin Media replace my router to one that actually works properly with MMOs.
- I switch broadband providers to BT or Sky, who people seem to have no problems with.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Elder Scrolls Online - Superhub 2.0 causes disconnection

FYI: How do I put my Virgin Media hub into modem mode? Connect you own router afterwards.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

So you’re saying I need to buy my own router because the Superhub Virgin Media gave me doesn’t work properly?

That doesn’t make sense - you’re telling me I have to buy new hardware myself because the hardware VM supply doesn’t do the job it’s supposed to do.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@mfcostacampos wrote:

See this post: https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Gaming-Support/Constant-disconnections-Elder-Scrolls-Online-PC/...

With this in mind, I have 3 options:
- There's a solution that allows me to keep my Superhub and fixed the problem (just need someone to tell me what it is).
- Virgin Media replace my router to one that actually works properly with MMOs.
- I switch broadband providers to BT or Sky, who people seem to have no problems with.

Any thoughts?

Just an explanation of option 1 in context to the quoted post.

If you want a answer from the forum team (Virgin Media) then be aware it can take them a few days (longer given  the time of year) to work through to your post.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I decided to get a new router.

I’ll see if it fixes the problem and report back

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi mfcostacampos,

Welcome to our forums and thank you for your post. I'm really sorry that you've been having issues which frequent disconnections.

In using the details you've signed up with here, I think I've been able to identify the problem. It appears that your downstream power levels are too high which would need an engineer to resolve, although I'm not 100% sure I've found the correct services. I'll send you a private message now to confirm account details and arrange a tech visit if appropriate. Please head to the purple envelope in the top right corner to respond.

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos