cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropping connection ingame

zTipzee
Tuning in

Any game i play, every few minutes, ill drop out the game and come back. happens a lot, everything will lag out and bring me back over and over.

21 REPLIES 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've been having this exact same issue for 1-2 weeks now, called VM support and they basically blamed it on my hardware (Using a 3rd party router for over 3 years now). It's honestly disgusting that this issue is being completely ignored, clearly a lot of people are complaining about this same issue but nothing is being done. The connection is obviously wired, the latency just goes up and down, the service is completely and utterly unusable. I'll be canceling my VM subscription if it is not fixed by the engineer who is scheduled to come in a few days.

Anonymous
Not applicable
May I ask if you are based in Fife by any chance?

Yes i am, i changed my ethernet cable and it seems fine for now, but it will probably happen again eventually. sometimes it fixes and comes back

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah I noticed that people who experiencing this exact same issue are based in Fife, changing my DNS settings from cloudlare ones (1.1.1.1) to Google ones (8.8.8.8) fixed this issue very briefly, then it came back again.

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good afternoon zTipzee, 

Welcome to the forums & thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues with drops in your connection. 

Do you have a live BQM set up? Is your router in modem mode? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Hello, i changed my ethernet cable and it seems to have worked fine since then, any issues ill post, thanks.

Thank you @zTipzee

If this does come back please do set up the BQM for us as advised and we will be able to take a closer look into that is happening. 

Thank you. 

P_and_J
Tuning in

In the last 72 or so hours I have been suffering this a *lot* with EvE Online. It is making the game unplayable for me due to constant disconnects. My internet as a whole stays up, discord / steam / mumble / teamspeak etc all stay connected but my eve client detect suffers connection loss (normally attributable to packet loss as it is a very unforgiving game in that regards). Yes I have BQM running since 19th Sep 21 and it shows a huuuuge situation change in the last week or so.
before this, my only disconnects were around 1am most days which I am still trying to figure.

Update to the above
Router in Modem mode with Asus AX-66 / current firmware.
restarted PC, modem *and* router, including full power disconnect on all for 10+ mins before restart.