Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Download speeds

Hi, I am currently experiencing an issue with download speed on my Xbox one console, I have the m200 broadband package, I've ran a speed test on my Xbox and on my partners Xbox, I'm receiving 140mbps download and she receives 60mbps download speed, but when I was downloading a game on her Xbox last night we were getting download speeds of 19-45mbps which is a little confusing considering we have a 200mbps broadband speed, 

I've ran speed tests on my phone all over the house and receive 150-215mbps, we would use cable connection but the cable isn't long enough 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Download speeds

I'd suggest the bottleneck is the Microsoft servers rather than VM, or your wireless connection (although wired is always best for consoles).  Bear in mind a lot of folk around the world got an Xbox from Santa and so will be downloading updates and games over the next few days so the load on the MS servers will be high.

Just because you have 200Mbps doesn't mean that every server on the Internet you connect to can deliver that much speed.

My setup: V6 TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Download speeds

I should have thought about that 😂 thank you