Menu
Jamal751
Just joined
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Disgusting latency throughout the day

I play a lot of rocket league which is extremely fast paced and latency matters a great deal. Since December 2020 I've had extremely horrible latency issues. At first I thought it might have been my wifi card as it was a new card so I bought a ethernet cable and ran that to my router from my pc but the latency persisted. It peaks at insanely high latency i.e. well over 1 second spikes regularly which during a fast paced game ruins the experience.

I have a BQM here and comparing it to others I have seen mine looks like the Himalayas in comparison.... https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/67a050e853577d6dbdbbcefc27e7b88322...

Bearing in mind this graph is a good day... The average latency peaks up to the top of the graph some days regularly. 

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Disgusting latency throughout the day

Yes it looks like you have marginal over utilisation, that explains the ping and latency. Unfortunately VM don't guarantee either only download speed. It may improve after lockdown but if you require the best latency then there are other providers which will provide that at the cost of slower download speeds. 

0 Kudos