Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Disconnect from XBOX live but have internet

Hi all,

my son has been using his Xbox live for a number of months with no issues but over the last week of so his Xbox live keeps saying disconnect but our internet/broadband is working on other devices with no changes to new devises etc.  This is driving my child crazy which we then have to deal with the aftermath. 

I have attempted to speak to virgin but not joy to get through...

would anyone be able to assist with troubleshooting this issue, please?

PS. I have a hub3 which I restarted, reset and even tried altering the ports for Xbox but no luck.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Disconnect from XBOX live but have internet

Two hours of telephone calls then a promised return call from the ‘Technical Help’ department saying it’s our WiFi unit though virgin want me to pay for boosters and/or new router [bear in mind nothing has changed in our property incl devises] - No surprise that a call back has not been received. 

If anyone can forward any ideas / suggestions, I’m willing to try in e mean time, please. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Disconnect from XBOX live but have internet

Hi there @MrF2kids

Welcome to our forums and thanks so much for your first post - so sorry to understand that you're having some issues with your WiFi at the moment. 

Do you have the same issue when connecting the Xbox via a wired connection? 

Are you having the same issue with any other device over the WiFi? 

I have located your account and done a few checks from here - we can see you have recently done a reboot in the last couple of hours so thanks for that. At the time of writing, everything else looks to be ok and well within the parameters we would expect. 

Currently it is advising that the Xbox is not connected at the moment but it does advise that no issues have been detected with that connection in the last 7 days. 

Please reboot the Xbox and attempt to reconnect over a wired connection if possible and then test over WiFi and let us know how you get on. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide