cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Destiny 2

rxwinger2891
Joining in

Hi, 

after a very lengthy hour call to virgin media gadget support, and being forwarded to several different people..

im now being told destiny 2 ( a massive game) has been blocked and there is nothing they can do to allow this ?

i find this hard to believe, and honestly its more of a cop out answer.

after looking through the forums, its very clear the game isnt blocked. can SOMEONE who actually knows something please help me ? its driving me insane.

i (luckily) recorded the call for proof they say its block. however they are refusing to send me proof its blocked?

whats makes this even weirder is that virgin sponsored destiny 2..   

18 REPLIES 18

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @rxwinger2891,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.

I'm sorry to hear of the issues that you're having trying to play Destiny 2 and the issues that you've had speaking to the team, have you been able to get this resolved or do you still require further assistance to look into this?

Regards,

Steven_L

hi no im still having major issues with this.

it seems as if its actually the steam app thats being blocked.

ive rang up twice and been told they will call me back in 30 mins, this was Thursday. im yet to get a callback.

Update:

Ive been told (again) they have no idea whats happening. i have the exact same conversation, explaining the exact same fault. get a text to call virgin.. then told they will call me back. (then dont).

They also advised to wait up to 28 days for this issue to be resolved.

What happens when you try to access Destiny? It most definitely isn't blocked I play it all the time. 

>1gig Broadband - £30pcm via retentions.

Pops up with weasel, huckleberry all the error codes under the sun.

Bungie forums say its something to do with VM porting? 

I can use the xbox app and play games online fine. Anything steam related gets blocked. The steam games will update though, and the store works.

Seems to effect a small minority of users.

When I swap WiFi to my neighbours it works fine.

I know it's not blocked.. but it's the excuse they keep giving me. 

It's the call centres in India, not actually someone technical. I did one day manage to get through to someone technical who spent a solid hour trying different settings. 

Stressing me out 

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey rxwinger2891, thanks for posting and sorry to hear of the issue while trying to play Destiny 2 (amazing game btw)

Have you managed to get this sorted since your last post yesterday? 
Also, have you attempted to reset your hub and re-connect the pc / console to see if this clears out the issue, perhaps? 

Could you tell us more on what had been advised on your previous calls with our team about this and if the issue was fixed at the time, please?

Let us know how you get on, we're here to help if you need us.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

So call 1:

I was told you guys don't support destiny 2 and that the game is blocked. Someone will call me back ( no call back)

Call 2: Someone ran through some diagnostics with 3 people. Told again destiny is blocked. And that someone would call me back. ( no call back)

Call 3: after another frustrating call  no idea what's going on. I managed to pin point the issue to virgin not liking steam. Told the guy and he told me that certain websites are blocked and this may be case? Repeated that it's an app that has the issue. I'm currently waiting on a callback from monday/Tuesday. Still not heard anything. However he did say it may take up to 28 days to get a reply. Which is superheloful having Internet I can't really use.

I've tried port forwarding, resetting the hub. Removing child locks. Adding my laptop as a wireless radio ( worked for someone else) . Disabling the firewall, adding the laptop to different frequency? 5ghz etc. 

Point to note that I can use the games through the xbox app, but with the dlc being bought through steam and not transferring over kinda useless. It's been about a 10 days now too.

At thos point I'm open to literally trying anything to get this working. Maybe sacrificing the first born.

Hey rxwinger2891, thank you for reaching back out and letting me know this.

Did the team advise why this certain game was banned, what was the reason?

Have you made sure made sure all required programs are allowed through Windows Firewall, all IP'S and the Teredo  are working as they should?

Please can you try setting the router's DMZ to your PC's Lan ip, if that fixes it chances are it is a port issue. Please do let me know. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

I've just left the country for a wedding today so won't be able to try the DMZ later in the week.

It's nothing to do with the laptop firewalls etc. As soon as I swap WiFi to my mobile Internet it loads perfectly. That being said I have also tried disabling everything and running the game, didn't work.

Their reasoning for the game was sorry its blocked sir. I asked for proof, and they said they couldn't provide it. Even after telling them you guys sponsored the game 😂. Being honest it was pretty clear the team had no idea what they are talking about. They couldn't grasp the fact that steam was a game loading app, and kept referring to a list of blocked websites..

Still yet to get a callback from virgin too.. 

I'll update when I've tried the DMZ etc.