Menu
Jcross1878
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Crazy lag spikes playing warzone

I've had this issue for months now, I have a wire connection, open nat type on the game itself with all ports open, yet every single game I get crazy lag spikes literally going up to 600ms and the game is unplayable, and friends mention my voice constantly cuts in and out, like my broadband literally can't cope with an online game. The problem is on virgins end and I've made them aware of this before, they asked me to run a BQM which showed my Internet was essentially trash whenever I play online. An engineer was sent out and he saw no issue with my hardware so I'm at a loss, what I will say if it isn't fixed soon I'm 100% changing provider so, that being said can somebody actually make the effort to either fix my issue?? Or be honest and tell me you can't so I can move on please? 

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
Jresty100
Dialled in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Crazy lag spikes playing warzone

Unfortunately nothing you can do, its over utilisation and sold demand in your area.

All VM care about as an ISP is turnover and download speed which generates more customers. 

Your better of trying the second best "speed" ISP, then track the ping on your 30 day free trial to see if it is better.

That is what I will be doing. 

I attach below an example of latency in area reference 03. This will give you an idea of how terrible and over sold the area is with the false advertisement! 

Spread the word to all fellow gamers, not to use Virgin Media - trash isp

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/834d86cc43547eae6238f0b537e1aa9753...

0 Kudos
Riccardo777
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

same for me.

tonight is the final straw. 

it wont be fixed. too many users on the same network.

0 Kudos
niceties
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

same for me too .. MAD packet loss 😞

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/19c739fb7c0279f82dbba01df0259dcdee3837b5-21-01-2021
0 Kudos
Jresty100
Dialled in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Same for me three - 

Jresty100_0-1611341084193.png

0 Kudos
Emil_2k
Just joined
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Same issue, my player is teleporting 24/7, its unplayable... If some of you guys find a better provider with normal ping let me know please, Its crazy that at this day and age we cant even have reasonable broadband for gaming paying 700 pounds per year... Shame on VM...

0 Kudos