Menu
BobaSolo
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Crap internet at nihjt

My internet at night especially late nights as in 11pm onwards is terrible. Right now my 200mbps is now 65mbps and my upload is as low as 1.5mbps. 

However the main issue is my internet keeps crashing, every single night. Its 1am now and it crashed, kicked me from my game and my party chat. This keeps happening and is very frustrating as I only really play this late at night. 

Can any one help. 

I have done the usual unplug, turn off reset router and console but nothing works. 

0 Kudos
BobaSolo
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Re: Crap internet at night

It's 1:24am and it just disconnected me from my game and party chat again. Very frustrating 

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Go into the hub's status page, and post (as text) the contents of the tabs called Downstream, Upstream and Network log.  Somebody will take a look and comment.  You may also want to go to thinkbroadband.com and setup a Broadband Quality Monitor, which may help diagnose any issues that vary with time of day.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
BobaSolo
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Still having issues with my Internet at night. Usually from 11pm onwards I get disconnected from the Internet on my xbox and on the WiFi on my phone. I am using an ethernet cable for my xbox so it's not because of signal lose on WiFi.  This is super frustrating and has gone on for a very long time now and my bill has just raised 🤨. I've reset my router numerous times and factory reset the router as well. Just trying to play games with friends and have some fun 🤷🏼 

0 Kudos
Serena_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Hi @BobaSolo,

Welcome back to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Sorry to hear that you are still experiencing connection issues at night, I understand how frustrating this must be.

I was unable to locate your account from the details provided, so I shall send you a private message now to check for any connection issues from our end so we can look into what is going on here.

Please look our for the purple envelope in the top right corner.

Best wishes,

Serena

0 Kudos
Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 23
Flag for a moderator

@BobaSolo wrote:

Still having issues with my Internet at night. <snip>

As already suggested by Andrew, setup a BQM here www.thinkbroadband.com/ping

This will monitor your incoming circuit and show up any problems with the supply.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Serena_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Hi @BobaSolo

Thanks for responding to my private message, I have taken a look at your account and everything looks healthy from our end.

Please can you try performing a Pinhole reset on your Hub 3, by following these exact instructions:

Disconnect all unneeded ethernet cables from the rear of the Hub.
With the Hub Powered on use a paperclip or similar (I use a mobile phone SIM Slot tool) and do a pinhole reset.
Depress the pinhole switch for a timed 60 seconds then release.
DO NOT reboot the hub but allow it 5 to 10 minutes for it to boot itself up.

Please let me know if this improves things for your connection in the evening.

Best wishes,

Serena

0 Kudos
BobaSolo
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 23
Flag for a moderator

I did a pin hole reset yesterday and it still happened last night around 3am just once but it still did it 

0 Kudos
BobaSolo
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 23
Flag for a moderator

And it has just happened as I type this text message to you 😑

0 Kudos
Serena_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 23
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Oh gosh, I am so sorry to hear the @BobaSolo

Can you please set up a Broadband Quality Monitor here https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality and share your results over the next 24 hours so we can see what is happening here?

Many thanks,

Serena