cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continued issues

Cleeboos
Tuning in

Posted here before with packet loss did all steps listed and talked to support who affirmed me that there was work being done and the problem would be solved. Soon after, I had insane latency and packet loss will post here with examples but not quite sure what the next step is.

here is a trace route

replaced ips with x

Tracing route to x over a maximum of 30 hops

1 1 ms 2 ms 2 ms x
2 * * * Request timed out.
3 9 ms 14 ms 9 ms aztw-core-2b-ae33-0.network.virginmedia.net [213.106.140.149]
4 * * * Request timed out.
5 * * * Request timed out.
6 18 ms 23 ms 12 ms host-62-254-42.174.not-set-yet.virginmedia.net.z.in-addr.arpa [z
7 13 ms 14 ms 17 ms x
8 24 ms 24 ms 19 ms ae1-br02-eqld5.as57976.net [x
9 93 ms 219 ms 439 ms et-0-0-2-br02-eqpa4.as57976.net [x]
10 20 ms 22 ms 20 ms et-0-0-1-pe04-eqpa4.as57976.net [x]
11 22 ms 23 ms 21 ms x
12 34 ms 21 ms 19 ms x

Trace complete.think test.png

3 REPLIES 3

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The big latency is within the Blizzard network routing at hop 9. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

This was just a reference i've had unplayable latency and packet loss with Warzone valorant and discord constant cutting out as well as constant disconnecting from work calls on teams from another laptop. It is clearly a service issue with virgin

Hi Cleeboos, 

Thanks for your post and I'm sorry to hear that you are having continued issues with your WiFi network. Checking our systems, I can see all is looking well with the Hub in terms of power levels, uptime and time outs. There are no faults open that may be affecting you either. 

There are so many things that can influence a WiFi connection some of which include but are not limited to, a fish tank being in the same room, walls being built with concrete instead of brick, it could even be that your next door neighbours router is interfering with yours. Due to this, we are only able to offer limited help. Please have a look here: WiFi Help

The Hub's location could also be causing the coverage problem so we do need to check the positioning of it. Can you please ensure the following: 

• Out in the open
  • Next to the TV not behind it
  • Away from large bodies of water (e.g. fish tanks)
  • Away from baby monitors and cordless phones

Think of the Hub as a radio, and WiFi as the sound - the further away you are from the radio, or the more obstacles that are in the way (walls, electronic devices etc.), the quieter the radio & the poorer the WiFi. 

If that doesn't help, you can download our Connect App which will allow you to scan areas of your home and will offer help. You can view more information on that here.

Finally, you can view more about our new WiFi Max service here.

Please keep us posted on how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs