cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant rubberbanding Issue

Ryan7
Joining in

I’ve been having loads of issues concerning the consistency of my connection. I get fast download speeds but whenever I actually play a game like Valorant I start rubberbanding consistently. I’m on ethernet and it doesn’t matter day or night it just makes my gaming experience worse which makes me regret spending so much every month to have this constant issue. I did everything to rebooting and resetting my hub 3 but nothing seems to work.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Ryan7,

Thanks for coming back to us. We apologise for the time this issue is taking to resolve. Remotely checking the systems from our end, we can see that you are being affected by an SNR (Signal to noise ratio) fault.

might find that your Virgin Fibre, Voice and Virgin TV services are intermittent, with the picture freezing or disappearing now and then. We are sorry for any inconvenience caused. 

We are planning to undertake some upgrades to support the increased demand for our services in your area. When completed, any slow broadband speeds and buffering on TiVo apps you may be experiencing (particularly at peak times) will be resolved.

The estimated fix time for this fault is 10th of May.

Kind regards Jodi. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

22 REPLIES 22

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Please post the power levels and network log from the Hub.   Also setup a BQM to monitor the status of your circuit.   www.thinkbroadband.com/ping

Once done we can comment on the stats.  Thanks

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Sorry that took a while, I wanted to wait to see the whole result. Also there were no one using the wifi as I was at work. Is the graph normal or is there really a problem https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/thumb/24f977b067dcebbf7871dd6d7322...

Also I’m not sure how to check the other data you were asking for.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Ryan7 wrote:

<snip>   Also I’m not sure how to check the other data you were asking for.

That's a terrible BQM and there looks to be major problems with your circuit,

To get the power levels etc.  browse to 192.168.0.1, do not logon.  Look for the Router Status link and click it.  Copy and paste the information from the tabs into several posts.

We can comment on the stats.   If you wait here a day or two a VM Mod will pick this up.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Ryan7

I can see you have already been discussing this with a colleague on another thread, which resulted in an engineers visit 

Can I just ask how the visit went and was everything resolved 

Gareth_L

Ah yes, I was about to reply again. The rubberbanding issue has lessened due to the engineer replacing my router as it was causing issues. However, I’m still experience some rubberbanding and the graph is not that different than before or am I just misunderstanding it:

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/thumb/3fa346d1a8738276879e079d853c...

Hi @Ryan7,

I am very sorry to hear that this issue is unfortunately ongoing for you. I've raised this to be looked into by the network team to see if there's anything that we've missed at all. If after 24 hours from this post the issue remains, please let us know and we can go from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Sorry for the late reply, I wanted to test the network for a whole day to see if anything changes. But as you can see the graph is only good when no one is using it at the early mornings.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/thumb/3fa346d1a8738276879e079d853c...

And for some reason the rubberbanding felt worse as if it’s returning to before, I’m getting kicked out of my online games and I’m still experiencing frequent lags.

Hi Ryan7, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this. 

I have checked things this end and can see since Zach raised this to the Networks team, they have advised this is something they will need to look in to. 

They've raised this as an area fault and these are the details: 

• Fault reference number: F009758271   
  • The next update due: 12 APR 2022 16:05
  • Description: We are planning to undertake some upgrades to support the increased demand for our services in your area. When completed, any slow broadband speeds and buffering on TiVo apps you may be experiencing (particularly at peak times) will be resolved.

Please check in with us after tomorrow evening for a new update. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hello again, after testing the new changes during the upgrade it’s safe to say that it has not improved my situation at any point. Almost every night i still experience the same rubberbanding, I can only play at very late nights just to experience any enjoyments on my online games. 

I’m really just confused at this point, can I ask what else could I do?