cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant jitter and high ping

Swayh96
Joining in

452DBED9-E1E9-4527-942D-CE1C2D880682.png

   

Ever since the engineer moved my router from the living room to my bedroom, I’ve had nothing but issues and I also upgraded my package from 350mbp to 1gb.. I also got the new superhub 5 and I used to have the superhub3. The issues I’m having is that my internet is constantly disconnecting and whenever I play a film or watch YouTube vids it will buffer constantly. They’ll be moments where it will work fine for a good 20mins then again the whole problem persists. I did check my speed test and my jitter constantly spikes from 2ms to 1150ms and my ping is literally all over the place. I also did all the remedy’s such as resetting the router, changing it from router mode to Modem mode and connecting it into an asus ax86u. Still nothing but issues and it’s really affect my work life. Can someone help please.

552D3FA4-B995-4070-BF18-DB4169A47784.jpeg

6F537BB6-30A8-45A7-8DF4-4D02E830100D.png

7 REPLIES 7

Johnny5v2
Joining in

Im having the exact same issue. Been doing it since had it all installed. Also have Modem mode enabled and Asus router too. Need help!!!!

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try checking with Area faults on 0800 561 0061 or if you have a VM landline 150 as small local faults are not listed on the VM status page.

Post the power levels, Pre and PostRS errors and network log from the Hub. Also setup a BQM to monitor your circuit www.thinkbroadband.com/ping

Once done we can comment.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Johnny5v2   Please start your own thread for this. Jumping on another thread makes it difficult to follow and diagnose.

However same request as above.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

darmo
Up to speed

It's an inherent issue with Coaxial/DOCSIS technology used by Virgin Media. I also have a £300 Asus router and tried everything else, so believe me when i tell you that you're only two options are:

1) Get used to it

2) Leave and move to FTTP

I did the latter. Please select this post as the most helpful Answer, this case is solved.

@darmo wrote:

It's an inherent issue with Coaxial/DOCSIS technology used by Virgin Media. I also have a £300 Asus router and tried everything else, so believe me when i tell you that you're only two options are:

1) Get used to it

2) Leave and move to FTTP

I did the latter. Please select this post as the most helpful Answer, this case is solved.

This is not accurate and doesn't help the poster in any way. 

VM is the best provider in my area currently, 3yr waiting list for FTTP so maybe need to move house 🤣

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Swayh96

Thanks for posting on the forums in regards to the service issues experienced, we understand the frustration and appreciate you raising this via the forums. Welcome to the community.

From looking, we can see you have spoken to the team since posting. Were they able to advise and offer a resolution during the call?

Rob