cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant Ping Spikes

JawnBow
Joining in

A few weeks ago my broadband went down basically all night.

When it came back this is what it was like below.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/e34297adeed4c17df2a37b9fb9e0137420b52911-30-12-2021

I've had the technician out and they replaced my Hub3 but the problem persists.

Its been like this weeks now and Virgin have said they're sending out another technician next week. But I'm really struggling to work this way. And a week for another technician to come out and do nothing just wont cut it.

For the purposes of gaming and also my work VPN the connection is useless as the it keeps timing out several times a minute. Can provide any further details thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

carl_pearce
Community elder

Looking at the BQM there is clearly an issue with your line.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @JawnBow,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post, and I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing some ongoing issues with your broadband connection! I can understand how frustrating this can be, especially for gaming and working from home.

I'm glad to hear that another technician appointment is already booked in for you to have this issue resolved. Please keep us updated on this so we can help further after the appointment, if you need our assistance. However, as you have an appointment already booked in, there is not much that we can do at the moment.

Please keep us updated on how you get on and let us know if there's anything else we can do to help.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Paulina,

To be clear, it was mentioned to me that another engineer would be sent out in one of the many calls i've had with virgin support. But no confirmed time for this or further information on my line monitor has been given to me with regards my line fault or a possible solution. I'm here now and I'm back at work tomorrow(WFH) without a useable internet line. The most recent person I talked with in support had no knowledge of anything that has transpired on my account. And we're telling me they might be able to send out a technician to check my box(which has already been replaced) some time later next week? This simply is a non starter for me. I can't afford to be out of work for a week. 

I don't want to take the nuclear option and start posting on your social media or looking at changing providers right now but I will if this continues.

Regards,

John

Thanks for coming back to us. 

I've not been able to locate your account so will pop you a PM now to get some details.

There's no nuclear option just to be clear - it's the same staff on both forums and social media. 

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi @JawnBow

Thanks for your message. We're the UK Virgin Media team and have no access to Ireland Virgin Media accounts I'm afraid. 

Please see their contact methods here

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill