Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Constant Ping Issues

I have been having ping issues for a few months and can't seem to get anyone who knows what they are talking about on the phone. I've called up several times and go through the same troubleshooting every time and every time there is no problem found. I have had an engineer out and say there is no problem with the equipment and the problem is apparently utilisation (52% I think he said). I have a broadband monitor set up if anyone wants to take a look. I primarily use this service for gaming but it is literally impossible to game online with this latency. I have made a formal complaint explaining the situation and their resolution was to try their IVR basic troubleshooting and "education given". I called back to let them know that I was not happy with that resolution and was told that someone would get back to me within 24 hours. That was Friday and still no response. Incredibly frustrated at the moment and wasting money on a service that I cannot use for the purpose I want it for.

I have M200 package if that is relevant.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/e9c44d5bf67cdd074f9bbc417cdc78d1c7fd8812

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Constant Ping Issues

BQM is terrible.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

That does not look look good news for you, I'm afraid.  Read this and weep.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yeah it's terrible. Apparently there was a fix done on Tuesday morning but as you can see from the BQM nothing has changed at all. Also still waiting for a reply from the complaint....Really not impressed with the customer service at the moment.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/e9c44d5bf67cdd074f9bbc417cdc78d1c7fd8812
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi piemastermmmm

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

My apologies for the delayed reply, I've checked the system and no issues are showing. Is everything sorted? Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi.

Thanks for getting back to me. Still having the same issues albeit they don't seem quite as bad as they were (see BQM link below). Still unplayable for online games though. I spoke to someone on the phone who says he set up an Ofcom speed monitor for a month. I explained that it's not speed thats the problem but latency is and he said they'd check for that too. Hopefully the issues show up on the test and we can get this resolved. 

0 Kudos