Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Constant Lag, Huge Ping variance, 100% Packet loss

I posted a week or so ago about the massive variance in ping ive been experiencing, causing online games to be virtually unplayable. Ive nevber had a probelm before the last month or so. But it si getting progressively worse and I'm now seeing huge packet loss aswell as huge variance in ping, constantly. I was advised to hard reset the router, i have done this three times now to no avail. I have posted below my BQM for the last 24 hours, this is very typical of the service I have received in the last month or so. As can be seen when the internet is being used there are huge ping spikes and recently constant packet loss. This is happening in multiple games on multiple different servers and platforms. As i say this is a recent problem and my ping has previously been rock solid, with little to no packet loss. 

I feel helpless and could really do with a hand. I have followed muliple guides throughout these forums with no success so far. 

Thanks for reading this far,

Braden bqm 18-05.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Constant Lag, Huge Ping variance, 100% Packet loss

Hello bradebe3

Thanks for your post and I apologise for the various issues you're having with your broadband connection.
Upon looking at things from over here, I can see that there are some prolonged stability issues on our side with the downstream levels. This will require an engineer visit to fix.
Which upon checking we already have one booked 

If you need to change this date go to your online account here 

Can you let us know how this goes

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Gareth,

Yes i finally managed to get through to someone in the know over the phone and they've booked me in. How long has this been going on for? and any ideas why? Was also wondering how i would put a refund claim into VM as I havent been able to use the internet properly in months. I understand load has increased due to Corona but as you said it was a problem on your side.

Thanks for your time 

B

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for replying bradebe3

We would only refund for complete loss of service

Can you let us know how the visit goes 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

That sounds more like the Virgin Media i've become accustomed to over the last few years. 

👍

0 Kudos