Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Constant Lag, High Ping Variance, Packet Loss

I posted a week or so ago about the massive variance in ping ive been experiencing, causing online games to be virtually unplayable. Ive nevber had a probelm before the last month or so. But it si getting progressively worse and I'm now seeing huge packet loss aswell as huge variance in ping, constantly. I was advised to hard reset the router, i have done this three times now to no avail. I have posted below my BQM for the last 24 hours, this is very typical of the service I have received in the last month or so. As can be seen when the internet is being used there are huge ping spikes and recently constant packet loss. This is happening in multiple games on multiple different servers and platforms. As i say this is a recent problem and my ping has previously been rock solid, with little to no packet loss. 

I feel helpless and could really do with a hand. I have followed muliple guides throughout these forums with no success so far. 

Thanks for reading this far,

Braden bqm 18-05.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Constant Lag, High Ping Variance, Packet Loss

You able to check pingplotter and see if your PL is at router? I only ask that because i'd love to compare see if we in the same boat which will kinda stop virgin from trying to throw me a new hub 24/7.

If you go into pingplotter. Set it up to ping google.com with interval of lets say 1second also try 2.5 seconds then 5 second intervals. I get 0 packet loss when its set to 5 second intervals whenever it's lowered i recieve 90% PL etc Which u can imagine when gaming it'd cause huge rubber bands and spikes due to the fast traffic going through getting stopped which causes hit reg issues etc.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Constant Lag, High Ping Variance, Packet Loss

Hi mate,

Have just checked pingplotter. At anything under 5 second intervals I am experiencing packet loss.

Under 5 seconds i maybe have 1% PL max

At 1sec interval 85% PL

Hope this helps, lemme know if you need anymore info

0 Kudos