Menu
derpington
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Connection stability while playing rocket league.

Hi

Recently moved into a new property, had Virgin media 200mb connection installed at the beginning of November. Had no problems initially for the first month and a half or so. Then started to notice heavy ping spikes and large amounts of connection instability while playing Rocket League. Initially this was infrequently in the evening maybe a couple of times a week for 15-20 minutes so thought it might be due to high load on the network. However the problem has gotten progressively worse to the point now where the game is almost unplaying for large portions of the day. 

Currently on a Hub 3.0 with a ethernet connection to the computer. The issue appears to be exclusive to Rocket league and not noticeable on the other online titles I play. Frustratingly I've called the support line and the only answer they can give me is that they've "boosted my signal to my devices" and asked me to run a speed test to see if the connection is okay. 

Just wanted to see if anyone had any advice on solutions for this as VM haven't been particularly helpful and just transferred me though to a chargeable gadget support service. 

Not sure if its helpful, but had seen others sign up to think broadbands BQM service yesterday.

Here is a  snapshot of the connection over the day.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/ec35708270dfe5dc88b775ce8a2a62b0b8...

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Connection stability while playing rocket league.

@derpington VM haven't been particularly helpful and just transferred me though to a chargeable gadget support service

That's poor.  The BQM indicates over-utilisation (do a search on that).  It might all sort itself out if all the working from home reduces post Covid,, absent any clear and honest guidance from VM, who knows?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos