Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

CoD connection issues

Unable to connect to any call of duty servers. I know it's virgin media as none of my friends have issues other than the ones who are with VM. I have reset my router and done all the normal stuff. I connected to my mobile hotspot which is on EE and it enables me to connect to their severs. Go back to VM and no joy. Tried EE again and it works. Again, back to VM and no joy....

Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: CoD connection issues

What console?

The CoD servers are having issues/maintenance tonight and people are being queued for access 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just browsing
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

This is an issue with Virgin Media, rather than Cod servers, as I am having the same issue on Virgin and I used my phone hotspot and didn’t have any issues at all. 

Sounds to me like virgin are blocking something in the CoD update and stopping virgin media customers from being able to get on CoD servers. 

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

It was working around 9pm then stopped. Other game servers are working such as GTA V and Fortnight but I want to play CoD. No joy unless I use mobile hotspot😔 hope this gets sorted asap!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

PS4, but I've checked their website and all is green .... So they say

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just browsing
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Have you tried port forwarding? 

I come from a tech background and it sounds to me that there is something in the CoD update that virgin or the virgin hub doesn’t like and is restricting us from being able to connect. 

I am going to try all the port forwarding for CoD which should help open up all ports that CoD requires to work. I can’t be bothered trying it tonight, but will give it a go tomorrow. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Working fine on Xbox...

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

me too it’s impossible to connect, i thought it was an issue with activision servers but it seems to be virgin media, the ping is crap too. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just browsing
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Xbox do use different Ports than PS4, so still could be a fix, not ideal and I’m sure it will be fixed soon but might be a short term fix until they manage too. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

The CoD servers have issues

Check the Activision Support twitter account 

0 Kudos