Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Changing Address and contract status

Hello  there, I wonder if anyone can help.

I webt to renegotiate my contract today with Virgin and was advised that I'm currently under contract until December 2020. They said that moving address in December 2019 triggered this.

I said to them, I spoke to them before I changed address back then to confirm that the change of address wouldnt affect my contract. (I was told on the phone it wouldn't as long as I didn't change my package which I didn't)

Anyway talking to the person on the phone is unbearable, they won't think outside the box, on their screen I'm tied into a contract and won't pass me over to anyone who is more qualified to deal with my problem. 

Can I contact a more local team or is there anyone else I should speak to 

Thanks 

Gary

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Changing Address and contract status

Moving does result in a new minimum term contract, you were incorrectly informed by the person who said you wouldn't be, any and all changes to the contract result in this, its written in the contract you had already

So it isn't about thinking outside of the box, its just VM enforcing the contract you already had

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I was also going by this statement from their website.....

What happens with my contract when I move? 

If you don’t change your services when you move, your contract will continue as normal. If you do change your services, you’ll be subject to a new minimum term as per the terms of your new agreement.

I never changed my services, so to me that new minimum term wouldn't apply 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Garyconvery76, 

Welcome to the Community and thanks for posting. 

I am sorry to hear there has been a misunderstanding in regards to your contract. 

In order for me to look into this further, I will need to grab a few more details. 

I will pop you over a message and this will drop in to the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

Thank you 

Nat
0 Kudos