cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant play online multi player games or join parties

richyd711
Joining in

Hi All,

I have been with virgin nearly 2 years and never had any problems with my internet or gaming.

My router hub 3 gave up on life the other week and virgin replaced it for me with a hub 5 since getting this hub 5 i can not play any games online without it kicking me off or just wont connect. (Fifa, Fortnite, Gta) 

Also cant connect to xbox live parties when online with friends

My Nat type is normally open and any tests through xbox says everything is fine OTHER than the multiplayer test which sometimes wont complete just get a error message

Has anyone else experienced this or found a solution to resolve the issue as its driving me crazy looking through the interent all day everyday trying to work out where it has gone wrong.

My internet speeds are around the 250mb area and im running a ethernet cable straight to the xbox which is less than 2 feet away from the router 

3 REPLIES 3

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Did you use Port Forwarding on the Hub 3, or some UPnP setup?  Sounds like you need to replicate this on the Hub 5.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I think I did yes but before I remember about it the engineer took the old router so I couldn't check the changes 

Hi richyd711,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having with your gaming. 

Can you confirm if all the issues are on one device? Or whether you are also having this issue on other devices?

^Martin