Menu
JsJnr
Dialled in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Can't play red dead online on PS4 due to constant disconnects.

For some reason, today I have been unable to stay connected to Red Dead Online for more than a few minutes before being disconnected due to an 0x20010006 error.

I've contacted rockstar support and they have advised me to go through various steps to fix the problem.

None of these worked, and eventually, they suggested that I contact my ISP as it could be an issue at their end.

So, here I am, asking for assistance.

Is there a known issue that's started in the last 12 hours or so, or something else that's happened since last night?

It seems odd to me that considering I have largely been unaffected by this that it should happen now.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't play red dead online on PS4 due to constant disconnects.

A quick Google of that error suggests that it is a common issue perhaps due to lack of server capacity and Rockstar may have been fobbing you off.

However, in order to troubleshoot this some more information would be helpful.

How is the PS4 connected to the VM hub, wired or wireless?  If wireless have you tried wired to see if it makes a difference? If wired, is it a direct connection or via powerline adapters?

Are you experiencing problems with any other online games?

Have you tried a wired speed test to see if your line is performing at full speed? Note that the speed test built in to the PS4 is not the most reliable.  My PS4 never shows my true line speed but my PC does.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out.
My setup: V6 TV box, Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

JsJnr
Dialled in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It does seem to be a common problem, and it would always occasionally happen.  However, since yesterday, it's been happening that frequently, I can hardly stay online for more than a minute now. at it's worst, I'm disconnected even before I join. Other players I know online don't seem to be suffering this badly with any connection issues.

My PS4 is connected directly to the hub via ethernet.

Download speed is 97.7mbps, upload is 267.2kbps. I can't say if I have this problem with other games, because I don't really play any. I deleted most of the ones I had on to make room for RDR2

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Without any evidence of disconnections in other games it looks to me like a Rockstar issue, no matter what their support tell you, but if you want to post some hub stats I'll take a look for any obvious power level issues.

If you go to http://192.168.0.1/ (or http://192.168.100.1/ if you are in modem mode) to get the VM hub GUI. Don't login (unless you have a Hub 3 and this is your first visit to the hub GUI, which does require you to login) but instead click on Router Status which is either a button in the top right of the screen or a text link at the bottom of the screen depending on which hub you have. Click on the Downstream, Upstream and Network Log sections and copy & paste the figures from those screens and post them here, don't worry about the formatting or you can post screenshots if that is easier. If you use screenshots, be careful to edit out or obscure any reference to your WAN IP or MAC address in the log to protect your privacy.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out.
My setup: V6 TV box, Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

JsJnr
Dialled in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

down 1.JPGdown 2.JPGdown 3.JPGdown 4.JPGdown 5.JPGdown 6.JPGstatus.jpgup 1.JPGup 2.JPG

Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Maybe not a Rockstar issue then Smiley Embarassed

Power levels too low on most of the downstream channels (recommended range is -6 to +10) and two of the upstream channels are at 51 which is at the top end of their recommended range.

You will need a technician to visit and correct those power levels.  You can call VM and try to book a visit or wait for the VM staff to get to this thread and they can help you book a visit.  It may take the staff a few days to get to this thread.

JsJnr
Dialled in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

A bit of an update:

I reinstalled GTA 5 and went straight online. I spent about 15 minutes just driving around and didn't experience any disconnects at all. not even any lag issues.

0 Kudos